Vic Damone, Patrice Munsel, and Basil Rathbone
in episode #31, "The Stingiest Man in Town"
The Alcoa Hour was a 60 minute anthology drama series on NBC with a few musicals thrown in for good measure.
The Alcoa Hour Trivia
The Alcoa Hour, as with many series of its day, was named for its principle sponsor, "Alcoa (Aluminum Company of America)".
For the first eight episodes, the Alcoa Hour aired every other week with "The Goodyear Theatre" and "The Philco Television Playhouse" sharing the other weeks. For the rest of the series, the Alcoa Hour shared the timeslot solely with the Goodyear Theatre.
Some of the Alcoa Hour dramas were original scripts but most of them were adapted from successful novels or plays.
The Alcoa Hour was, in fact, so well admired for its first rate scripts that it had no problem whatsoever attracting big name movie and television stars to appear on the show. Some of the TV stars were: Boris Karloff ("Thriller"), Darren McGavin ("Kolchak: The Night Stalker"), Patrick Macnee ("The Prisoner"), Lorne Greene ("Bonanza"), June Lockhart ("Lost in Space"), Alan Hale Jr. ("Gilligan's Island"), Frank Sutton ("Gomer Pyle, USMC"), and many others!
All of the Alcoa Hour episodes were performed live!
Episodes List With Original Air Dates
- The Black Wings (10/16/1955)
- The Small Servant (10/30/1955)
- A Girl Can Tell (11/13/1955)
- Thunder In Washington (11/27/1955)
- Undertow (12/11/1955)
- Amahl and the Night Visitors (12/25/1955)
- Man on a Tiger (1/8/1956)
- A Patch of Faith (1/22/1956)
- Long After Summer (2/5/1956)
- Tragedy in a Temporary Town (2/19/1955)
- Man On Fire (3/4/1956)
- Doll Face (3/18/1956)
- Finkle's Comet (4/1/1956)
- Even the Weariest River (4/15/1956)
- Paris and Mrs. Perlman (4/29/1956)
- The President (5/13/1956)
- The Confidence Man (5/27/1956)
- The Magic Horn (6/10/1956)
- The Archangel Harrigan (6/24/1956)
- The Piper of St. James (7/8/1956)
- Sister (7/22/1956)
- Kiss and Tell (8/5/1956)
- The Big Vote (8/19/1956)
- The Girl in Chapter One (9/2/1956)
- Flight into Danger (9/16/1956)
- The Big Wave (9/30/1956)
- Key Largo (10/14/1956)
- Morning's at Seven (11/4/1956)
- Merry Christmas, Mr. Baxter (12/2/1956)
- Adventure in Diamonds (12/9/1956)
- The Stingiest Man in Town (12/23/1956)
- A Double Life (1/6/1957)
- Ride the Wild Mare (1/20/1957)
- No License to Kill (2/3/1957)
- The Animal Kingdom (2/17/1957)
- The Last Train to Pusan (3/3/1957)
- The Original Miss Chase (3/17/1957)
- The Big Build-Up (3/31/1957)
- Nothing to Lose (4/14/1957)
- Mechanical Manhunt (4/28/1957)
- Protege (5/19/1957)
- Mrs. Gilling and the Skyscraper (6/9/1957)
- Awake With Fear (6/23/1957)
- Hostages to Fortune (7/7/1957)
- He's For Me (7/21/1957)
- Weekend in Vermont (8/4/1957)
- The Trouble With Women (8/11/1957)
- The Littlest Little Leaguer (8/25/1957)
- No License to Kill (9/1/1957)
- 15 October 1864 (9/15/1957)
- Night (9/22/1957)
Find Your Favorite Shows From Our List Of Thousands!
TV on Dvd
Thank you for visiting our The Alcoa Hour page!
Copyright © 1997-2014 CrazyAboutTV.com
All rights reserved