Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sharing videos

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Sharing videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVJunkie

Sharing videos      Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:47 am Reply with quote

Just a thought but a spot where we can share videos and clips would be a great addition to the board I just got some great dvds and it would be fun to share with anyone who is interested

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote

That's a great idea but also one that presents us with some legal ramifications.

Our attorneys have been quite clear about the fact that the studios diligently protect their copyrights and are willing to spend millions on legal fees in doing so.

I don't believe that I've ever seen a "swap" site or forum that didn't turn into a "I'll make you bootleg copies if you make me some" situation. By the way, I'm certainly not insinuating that you had any such thoughts.

I asked the attorney if we'd be ok if we simply made rules that all posts containing any indication of copyright infringement would be deleted and was told that may still not prevent a law suit. If a studio could prove that a swap initiated here was illegal, even though nothing in the post indicated that it was so, we might still be sued. They could possibly get a case to court by making the proposition that we should have known that a "swap" area would promote illegal activity. Or perhaps some posts that we felt were ok could be read differently (in lawyer mumbo-jumbo) and deamed to be promoting copyright infringement.

So even though we love the idea, we'll have to bow to our attorney's judgement in this case.

TVJunkie

Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quote

LOL boy I wasn't expecting that kind of answer never thought of the possible leagle ramifications of sharing thought as long as no money was being made it would be fine but hey I'm no lawyer nor do I play one on TV (I play the guy who comes over and bothers the family eta Chipor Larry) Oh well that's what I get for thinking as always Thanks

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Sharing videos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved