Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for 1968 "Keep America Singing"

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Looking for 1968 "Keep America Singing"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcintyrejn@aol.com

Looking for 1968 "Keep America Singing"      Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Hello! I am looking to purchase on DVD/VHS a copy of a television appearance my father-in-law, Norman Bone, made while bass in the Barbershop Quartet “The Gaslight Harmony Four.” The one-hour, Forth of July themed variety special, "Keep America Singing," was produced by MetroMedia Television in Los Angeles (Channel 11), and starred Herb Shriner and Margaret Whiting. It was originally aired in 1968 and rebroadcast around July Forth for the next several years. Two other quartets performed on this show as well, “The Four Statesmen” and Sweet Adeline's “Glissando.” There are several specials by the same name, (including: Keep America Singing, 1974; BBC, 1/2 hour special; Keep America Singing, August 1994; PBS: one-hour special; and Voices In Harmony: Keep America Singing II, December 1996; PBS, 1 hour special), but I am after the 1968 show.

I would very much like to surprise him with it on Christmas. Can you help me, or suggest whom I should contact?

Thank you!
Jim McIntyre
mcintyrejn at aol dot com

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Looking for 1968 "Keep America Singing" All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved