Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tis the season

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Tis the season
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVJunkie

Tis the season      Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:47 am Reply with quote

Here's a good topic for this time of year
what is your favorite holiday show?
I'll start out with 2 first one is a cartoon "Year with out a Santa Claus" I love Heatmiser and FreezeMiser in fact I have plastic ones sitting next to me now LOL
Then for a live movie I love " A Christmas Story" reminds me of a simpler time a story all can relate to.

Let me also say to all have the happiest of holidays and remember to share what you have with ones that don't have much no child should go without the experience of Santa leaving something for them. There are many great groups that you can make donations to. Peace to all From The TVJUNKIE

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Christmas Show      Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote

My favorite Christmas shows are the ones where celebrities have their real-life families and the families of the other regular cast members on the show. There isn't a whole lot of that done anymore but it was very popular back in the 1960s/70s, especially on musical/variety programs.

Some of my favorite memories are the Andy Williams Show, the Donny and Marie Show, and the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour.

Those shows gave the audience a chance to see TV stars in a totally different light (as a father, mother, child, etc.) and showcased the fact that they have lives off the air too!

One of my favorite Christmas shows was the December 21, 1974 episode of the Carol Burnett Show. That episode featured a skit with Carol playing her famed "Eunice" character and Vicki Lawrence as "Thelma 'Mama' Harper". As many I'm sure know, that's the skit that evolved into the series, "Mama's Family".

Alan Alda guest-starred as Eunice's long lost visiting brother. As the skit progressed, you realized why he had stayed away so long. I remember everyone at each other's throats and, I think, in the end they finally remembered it was Christmas and got civil with each other.

I know that doesn't exactly sound like a likely "favorite" Christmas show but it really made a viewer appreciate their relationship with their own family, minor problems and all!

Anyway, I'll add my "Merry Christmas" wishes to all and to all a good night!

NatureMuzic
Novice Member
Novice Member

Wed May 28, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote

I would say Andy Williams' shows, Bob Hope's shows in which he always sang Silver Bells with his female guest, a wonderful Honeymooner's Christmas episode & Rudolph...Reindder, complete w/ the Norelco commercials !

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Tis the season All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved