Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So Al Gore did do something for the web!

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General Discussion -> So Al Gore did do something for the web!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Republican_Guy

So Al Gore did do something for the web!      Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote

I guess that I reluctantly have to admit that Al Gore may have had some influence on the development of the internet after reading this article:

Who Created The Internet

What do you guys think?

LooneyToon

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quote

the inconvenient truth style

BeachBoy

Al Gore Rules!      Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:20 pm Reply with quote

You have to give Al Gore some credit whether you like the guy or not.

Even though I do believe that the process that gave the Presidency to Bush in 2000 was legal, no one is denying that Al Gore got more votes than George Bush.

So the electoral college and the Supreme court deny Gore the Presidency with more citizens' votes and what did he do? Cry? Throw a fit? No. He made a film that won and Oscar and earned him a Nobel Prize. The film also "turned the tide" on public opinion about whether mankind is causing Global Warming or not. Come on! The vast majority of scientists say it's true. When are the Rush Limbaughs, George Bushes, and their right-wing conservative oil stock owning friends going to admit it.

If the Earth will survive their lifetimes, all they care about is MONEY! So keep those oil wells producing. Move our U.S. businesses that have cleaned up their emissions to countries with no regulations so that the rich few can continue to get richer.

Wouldn't we have been better off today with President Gore?

johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Al Gore and the Web      Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Wouldn't we have been better off today with President Gore?

As one of the fools who voted for Bush in 2000, I now am certain we'd be leaps and bounds ahead of the game if Gore had won Mad

Under a Gore Presidency:

1. No major war in Iraq. More than 4,500 young coalition lives saved. More than 31.000 have been wounded. Estimated over 150,000 Iraqi civilian men, women, and children dead Exclamation More than $700 BILLION spent (Democrats may be the "tax and spend" party but the Republicans are the "blow up the deficit and waste money" party) Exclamation

2. Approximately 4 million fewer people in 2010 alone would be losing their homes due to the mortgage lending debacle made possible by Bush's deregulation of the industry. (Just get government out of the way and let capitalism work Question Yeah, right Exclamation )

3. About 10 million American workers (and who knows how many tens of millions worldwide) would still be employed due to Republican love for war and big business and the rich in general Exclamation

I could go on forever about our relationships with other nations, help for the poor and disadvantaged, etc. but what's the use Exclamation People have already forgotten when the problems began and it's all the dirty Democrats' fault now. Sometimes I think we Americans deserve everything we get Evil or Very Mad

JazzLover

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote

What really ticks me off is how quickly so many people forget the past and are ignorant of the facts. Somehow, the worst economic downturn since the great depression that began well before Obama took office has become his fault.

The fact is that the economy of the depression that began in 1929 didn't recover until the early 1950s! Even if you discount the years of World War II, that's still 15 years and the economy was still depressed!

But Obama hasn't fixed Bush's mess in two years so he's the culprit. NOT!

And the Republicans' answer is to return to the same policies that caused the problem in the first place. Deregulate business, including the mortgage lenders and stock brokers who raided the middle classes 401K's because there were nearly no limits to what they could do. Lower taxes on the rich when the maximum tax rate is already one of the lowest in decades. And you can bet they'll want to cut social programs for the needy and the middle class (supposedly to reduce the budget deficit) and then start another unneccessary war that costs far more than the social programs.

I'm just sick of it! If you buy their crap you deserve the government you get people!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General Discussion -> So Al Gore did do something for the web! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved