Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website Down?!

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Report Problems/Errors Here Or At Our Site -> Website Down?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuburbanEskimo

Website Down?!      Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote

Was there problem website yesterday and this morning? I try look at website but not of working!! It seem to be ok now...

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Website Down      Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote

In the real world, all web sites are down from time to time. I have a reporting service that gives me reports on the connectivity of the site. It typically show a 99.6% uptime which means a 0.4% downtime.

As good as that sounds, that still means that the site is down 35 hours per year or nearly 3 hours every month. So it's very possible that the problem was on our end.

Often when a site is down, it's only that way for a few minutes at a time. This is especially true during peak usage times. It may go up and down repeatedly over a short stretch of time.

Sometimes the problem is in the "pipeline". It may be that there is so much traffic in a certain area that all sites on servers in that area are slow or down or a combination of both. In the U.S. we have an antiquated system that severely needs updating. There is only so much bandwidth available. Broadband, Internet Phone service, and streaming video often "plugs up the pipes". Expect this to get worse in the near future.

I myself had several times in the last few days where certain areas of Google and Amazon were down. It's, unfortunately, becoming more and more common.

Thanks for the heads up though! We'll take a really detailed look at our reports to ensure there's no additional problems on our end.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Report Problems/Errors Here Or At Our Site -> Website Down?! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved