Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Donny and Marie Show

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> The Donny and Marie Show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AidansMom

The Donny and Marie Show      Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote

I LOVE your Donny and Marie Show page! I can barely remember watching it as a child and thinking about how I wished that Donny was my big brother. I think I must have been about 7 but I remember thinking he was dreamy.

My parents had recorded a few episodes on our (now) antique VTR (video tape recorder). They weren't called VCRs yet because they didn't use Cassette tapes, rather, they used reel-to-reel tapes that only lasted a half-hour or an hour (I can't remember that for sure).

I'm only 31 years old so that's not ancient history. It just goes to show how recent many of the modern conveniences we have really are!

I believe my dad once told me that he paid something like $1800 for that thing! And that was in 1970 something dollars!

Anyway, I wish someone would rerun those old Donny and Marie shows. Their promotion of close-knit family relations and "clean" humor would be a refreshing interlude from the foul-mouthed, but otherwise uninteresting stuff we see a lot of today.

airhead
Novice Member
Novice Member

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote

I watched Donny and Marie all the time.

I'm a little bit country
I'm a little bit rock n roll
Don't know if it's good or bad
But I know it's in my soul
I'm a little bit country
I'm a little bit rock n roll

May tomorrow be a perfect day
May you find love and laughter along the way
May God keep you in his tender care
Til He brings us together again

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donnie and Marie Show      Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quote

Donnie and Marie were great! Very talented and outstanding role models. If the owners of the show see this ... put out full season sets on dvd and I'll buy them! The only thing available right now is a dvd with 4 edited episodes and a Christmas show dvd.

Or better yet, run them on TV Land ... even in the middle of the night! I want to see them again!

TVJunkie

Dancing with the stars      Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:33 am Reply with quote

Now we can cheer on Marie as she dances her way into our hearts LOL

JazzLover

Wayne Newton      Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote

Wayne Newton looks pretty good for 65, huh? I hope that I am doing that well at his age (and a bit of his billion dollar plus fortune wouldn't hurt either!)

He's known as "Mr. Las Vegas" and the main road into Vegas from the airport is named, "Wayne Newton Boulevard"! He's been in show business forever, too! Here's a photo of him and his brother Jerry in their early days as "The Newton Brothers":

BeachBoy

Donny Osmond      Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quote

I just wish that Donny Osmond would stop singing "Puppy Love".

Seeing fifty-something women crying to a fifty-something has been's singing about teenage love is hard to take even one time. Maybe it's just their arthritis acting up, huh?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donny Osmond      Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Hey BeachBoy! Haven't you ever heard a song from your past that reminds you of a lost love or a former best friend or some other good memory?

We fifty-somethings do the same thing ... we just have a lot farther we can go back to find those memories.

Now how Donnie stands to sing that same song over and over again ... well, I hope it brings back good memories for him too.

JazzLover

The Donny and Marie Show      Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quote

Now Donnie Osmond is on Dancing With the Stars and he's really pretty great! Consider the fact that he will be 52 years old on the ninth of December! I'll be happy to just be alive that long! Donny still moves like a twenty-something on the dance floor! I guess that you can say the same about Marie! What inspirations they are!

AidansMom

Donnie Marie      Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote

They still look and act so young! I hope I'm so youthful 20 years from now when I reach Donnie and Marie's age!

They're great!

JazzLover

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:29 pm Reply with quote

Marie still looks hot and she seems really nice. You old farts out there would be lucky to have a babe like her!

The only thing that annoys me about her is her Jeannie Craig commercials when we all know that it was Dancing With the Stars that took most of her weight off.

So ladies, if you're going on Jeannie Craig remember that you have to dance eight hours per day, 6 days a week for several months for the program to work!

AidansMom

Marie Osmond Weight Loss on Dancing With the Stars      Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quote

I didn't want to believe you were right but I checked and found a news story that said Marie lost 45 pounds in late 2007 and then checked her appearances on Dancing With the Stars and found that she appeared in late 2007!

Of course that still doesn't mean that the diet wasn't responsible for some, most, or all of the weight loss but it is a bit deceptive to say "I lost 45 pounds on Jeannie Craig" without mentioned the several hundred hours you spent dancing and working out on DWTS's vigorous training regimen.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:51 pm Reply with quote

In fairness to Marie and Jennie Craig, I've been dieting myself since last April and have lost 45 pounds. If I walk my treadmill for one hour I burn approximately 230 calories. If I give up one burger I lose 850 calories.

So exercise helps but restricted calorie diets like Jenny Craig are even more effective.

JazzLover

Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:11 am Reply with quote

Congrats on the weight loss Crazy! Your health is your most important possession!

AidansMom

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 am Reply with quote

One hour on a treadmill only burns 230 calories? I thought it would be a lot more than that!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:34 am Reply with quote

AidansMom wrote:
One hour on a treadmill only burns 230 calories? I thought it would be a lot more than that!

That's walking at 3.0 miles per hour. If you younger folks run on the treadmill you'll burn considerably more than that but it still may not be as much as you might think.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> The Donny and Marie Show All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved