Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which version of Law and Order do you like best?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Which version of Law and Order do you like best?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which version of Law and Order do you like best?
Original Series
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Special Victims Unit
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
Criminal Intent
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Trial By Jury
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Which version of Law and Order do you like best?      Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:28 am Reply with quote

I prefer the original but then I'm like that with almost everything. I like original coke, original flavor barbecue sauce, etc.

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

JazzLover

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote

It's a close call for me between the original and SVU but I slightly prefer the original.

misterg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote

trial by jury's my favorite (so far).

i really like fred thompson and bebe neuwirth and the thinking that goes on in the minds of jury members.

most of my friends talk about how they'd do anything to get out of jury duty but i'd love to do it at least once. they say that you get called if you're a registered voter but i've been registered to vote for 9 years and have not been called!

johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:03 am Reply with quote

Sorry. Crying or Very sad I can't stand any of them.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote

I really enjoy reruns of the original---esp. with Chris Noth as Det. Mike Logan, but I have to say, I really like SVU---I think the entire squad does an excellent job and they make the whole show worth watching.

So I would hate to have to pick, but if you are talking current seasons only--definately SVU.

I like the Dennis Farina det. too, and the guy from the sopranos is good, and I like the dynamic of making the older one the reckless one and the younger one the most steady---but I can't seem to remember to watch it . So it hasn't captured me the way the reruns or SVU does.LOL

00doll

Law and Order      Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote

I really like the orginal --- but --- I do like Special Victims Unit better... I also really am glad that the revieved the role of Logan and put him in Criminal intent... I find Vincent O unbearable... and unbelievable as the know it all detective.... I still picture him as the Marine who blew his brains out in the bathroom..... Does anyone remember the name of that movie? Vincent O played a backward Marine who was constantly being ridicled by his Drill Sargent... The Drill Sargent nick named him... Pile[/b][/i]

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:52 am Reply with quote

The movie was, "Full Metal Jacket (1987)". The drill sergeant called him "Gomer Pyle" to ridiclue him by referring to the brain-starved character in the TV series of the same name.

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/gomerpyleusmc.html

Melinda

Law And Order      Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:01 am Reply with quote

My fave is the orginal! Cool

airhead
Novice Member
Novice Member

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Original for me.

ISIS
Novice Member
Novice Member

Location: LA: LAPD: watching Pepper and Crowley makes eyes for each other.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:40 am Reply with quote

SVU baby!

then the Original Series...I can't stand CI and I haven't seen TBJ.

CrazyAboutTV...so does this mean you are a fan of the REAL Seven-Up before they change it in the 80s?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Real 7Up      Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote

I don't remember the change from original 7Up to new 7Up but I'd be willing to bet I didn't like the change. I just always figured that those companies originally researched the taste of their products so well that any new flavors were unlikely to be better. I know many disagree with my taste though.

Now one area where I was just the opposite was with diet soft drinks. Anyone who has been around since they first came out will remember how horrible they tasted. Does anyone out there remember TAB cola? YUK!

ISIS
Novice Member
Novice Member

Location: LA: LAPD: watching Pepper and Crowley makes eyes for each other.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:41 am Reply with quote

TAB...disgusting..>Fresca was better....it's still around you know...

Dite Rite was better..

RE: 7 Up...TRUST me you'd KNOW the difference...it used to be A LOT stronger...and not as SWEET...it was GOOD....I don't like it now.

So I tuned in to SVU...and it wasn't on...darn!

vhmom
Novice Member
Novice Member

Law & Order, Pvt. Pyle, and ... TAB!      Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quote

I tend to, like our Admin, almost ALWAYS like the original version of things...foods, candies, songs, movies, TV shows. So..here are my two-cents:

ORIGINAL Law & Order is my favorite...the cast was like a well-put-together team, whose differences only made them more interesting and a joy to watch!

Vincent D'Onofrio...(the D' is the beginning of his last name) DID get a little annoying as the series aged. As for his appearance on Full Metal Jacket, I felt that he was a fish so-out-of-water and so harrased, by his drill sgt. that he had a mental break-down. (by the by...Vincent D'Onofrio also appeared in Men in Black as the Farmer/Cockroach villan.)

I may be the only person who liked and still likes TAB. A wide smile stretches across my face when ever I spot it and in variably buy it!
If you find it...try it with a squeeze of lemon or lime! Ahhhh... Very Happy

Elizabeth_I

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quote

I prefer original series;)

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Which version of Law and Order do you like best? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved