Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Favorite Martian

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> My Favorite Martian
View previous topic :: View next topic  
realneonlady

My Favorite Martian      Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:56 am Reply with quote

Hello, I'm interested in using the specific image from My Favorite Martian, one that you happen to have on your MFM page, in a medical journal article that I'm working on. We want to convey an idea of "your antennae should pop up when you see this happen!" to our readers. Especially since many of the doctors who would be looking at it are children of the 60's....

Do you know of a way that I could get rights to a copy of that image for a one-time publication like this? Your copyright/disclaimer information link to which you refer at the bottom of your first page isn't on the left side of any page...

Thank you!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:38 pm Reply with quote

Copyright law is a complicated subject where even an attorney may not be able to give a definitive answer.

At our site, we try to use what are called "publicity photos" as much as possible. Those are photos that the networks release for use by media in promoting their shows.

We have also found that most of the time the networks have no problem with others using most any photos or screen shots from their shows on a limited basis if they are promoting the series or if they link to the networks official website (for example: nbc.com).

But again, only an attorney can give you an answer to this complicated legal question.

P.S. - For anyone interested, our My Favorite Martian page is located at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/myfavoritemartian.html

Good luck!

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Fri May 19, 2006 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

realneonlady

Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quote

thanks for your reply!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> My Favorite Martian All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved