Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday Night Live

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> Saturday Night Live
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live      Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:51 am Reply with quote

Welcome to the Saturday Night Live forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about Saturday Night Live or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

If you would like to read more information about Saturday Night Live, you can find our web page about that show at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/saturdaynightlive.html

Thanks for visiting!

patsy.collins@att.net

Saturday Night Live show, 9-16-06      Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote

I had the misfortune of hearing some of last night SNL show and was particularly offended and disgusted by the so-called humorous material, i.e. the rap "song" - Please don't cut my testicles" I was not in the same room but was appalled at the sounds - just a bunch of raving lunatics and nothing - absolutely nothing was funny. What a poor example you are setting for the youth of this nation. It's an insult to our intelligence, to say the least. - P. Collins

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live      Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quote

Quote:
What a poor example you are setting for the youth of this nation.

First, we are not associated with any television program or network. This is a TV fan site of which Saturday Night Live is one of more than 1500 series we cover.

Second, we would submit that adults who are concerned about the youth of this nation should ensure that those kids are in bed by that time of night or at least should be controlling what their kids are watching if they're not in bed yet. Saturday Night Live is broadcast at that time for a reason.

And adults being disgusted by something is no reason to ban anything. The phrase, "We live in a free country" comes to mind. As an adult, you can simply switch to another channel and allow others who don't share your disgust to watch what they choose.

stuwho

Saturday Night Live closing theme      Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote

What is the title of the closing Saturday Night Live theme song and where can I get it?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Closing Saturday Night Live Theme Song      Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, it's simply referred to as the Saturday Night Live Closing theme song. The tune doesn't appear to have any other title.

It was composed by Howard Shore and you can get it on THIS CD at Amazon.com.

When you get there, they only show the first 20 tracks. You'll have to click on the "see all 24 tracks on this disk" link in order to get the closing tune link. When you click on that link, you'll hear a short clip from the song. You can also listen to clips from the other 23 tracks.

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

TVJunkie

I lost interest years ago      Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:20 am Reply with quote

I haven't paid much attention to SNL in some time now. Having grown up with the Original group of "Not ready for prime time players" I just don't find the current or past few years group very talented. I have become a bigger Mad TV fan what's funny about that is I didn't like it at first but it started to grow on me. SNL has had its ups and downs the early 80's was a rough time for the show the original group had one by one left and there replacements couldn't live up to the high standards we expected.(Robin Duke, Mary Gross, Tim Kazurinsky) If not for Eddie Murphy might have died off. Then it rose again in the mid 80's with the likes of Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey, Dennis Miller. SO many big stars have gotten their start or at least national exposure on this show. Sadly I think we are at a point where it wouldn't suprise me if an end was near but hey who knows it only takes a couple of really talented cast members to kick it back up. Well that's my rant on SNL Oh and as for the original comments CAT is right it's not a kids show and if it offends you that's what the off button is for. This show has offended it's share over it's history unfortunatly for me now it's for a lack of talent LOL

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live      Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote

I agree with everything you said 100%. Except for an occasional cast member here and there, Saturday Night Live has never achieved the overwhelming quality that it had in the first few seasons.

I almost get a bit ill when I watch the "Best of" dvds. There's maybe one or two really good skits and during the rest I'm thinking, "This is the BEST?"

Fortunately, Universal Studios finally got smart and released an 8 disc, entire first season dvd set just 5 days ago! Mine's on it's way!

TVProfessor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Katy Perry Host?      Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote

Katy Perry hosted Saturday Night Live last night and critics are calling her one of the worst hosts in SNL history. She sang in six out of her eight segments and it appeared that singing is her only skill.

Luckily, Weekend Update was outstanding with Alec Baldwin playing the pilot of the American Airlines flight that threw Baldwin off his plane this week for refusing to turn off his cell phone.

MainMan

Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote

I think the critics must have something against Katy Perry. She did fine! She stumbled a couple of time but recovered quickly and gee, she's a singer! What do they expect? An Academy Award nomination!

TVProfessor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Saturday Night Live Reunion?      Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote

If you missed Saturday Night Live a few nights ago you may want to catch the episode online!

Jimmy Fallon hosted and brought every weekend update host since 2000 with him in a "Who's got the best joke" contest. Yes; Fallon, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and current Update king Seth Meyers kicked out one great joke after another! But those weren't the only SNL alumni to appear. Tracy Morgan, Horatio Sanz, Chris Kattan and Rachel Dratch also showed up!

Add to that an appearance by Jude Law and two wonderful Christmas tunes by Michael Bublé and, well, you simply have to see it!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> Saturday Night Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved