Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joey
Goto page 1,
2  Next  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> Joey
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Joey      Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:35 am Reply with quote

NBC is rumored to be making these changes to "Joey" to boost its ratings and save the show:

1. Add Miguel A. Nez Jr. (Juwanna Man) to the cast as a new actor buddy for Joey.
2. Joey moves from his apartment to a house (how's that gonna help?)
3. Jennifer Coolidge (Joey's agent) will appear more often and will hire Drea de Matteo (Gina).

What do you think? Good changes? Bad changes? Will it make any difference? Is it just plain impossible for "Joey" to live up to its "Friends" roots? Question

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:58 pm Reply with quote

We discussed in another thread how tough it is for any series to make it, much less a "spin-off".

I know that I tend to tire of any series no matter how good after 6 or so seasons and "Friends" was no exception.

So there wasn't much chance of my being a Joey fan.

Good luck, Matt LeBlanc! Exclamation

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:01 am; edited 3 times in total

Becky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quote

Gee, I hope they don't take it off the air! I love that show!

JazzLover

Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:17 pm Reply with quote

I heard that someone liked that show. Must be you Becky!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quote

Me thinks JazzLover really is Bart Simpson! Question

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:04 pm Reply with quote

I like Joey but I really miss his "Friends".

Respond      Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:18 am Reply with quote

Becky wrote:
Gee, I hope they don't take it off the air! I love that show!

Do not forget to let us know what actually happens i the end.

igloo5

"save Joey"      Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote

I think what they should have left out the buddy actor. he is annoying. they should get the romance between joey and his landlady. Also keep his agent in the picture and find a better "friend", no pun intended.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote

By the way Joey fans ... NBC has announced that they will not air episodes of Joey during their Winter Olympics coverage in January of 2006 and that when Joey reappears, it will be in a new time slot.

Rooster

What's The Status of "Joey"      Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:25 am Reply with quote

We love '"joey", expecially his agent. However since the "holidays" we have not been able to find the show. We haven't seen anything about it being cancelled, moved or pre-empted - what's happening with this show ?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:06 am Reply with quote

Your question was answered in my previous post Rooster! It's not February yet.

Happipuppi

Joyless "Joey".      Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote

Here's my perception of "Joey". First off,I only watched a handful of episodes the whole time "Friends" ran on NBC but it was enough to "get" the character of Joey. He's not to bright but he's a loveable guy,with a heart of gold. (As they would say in a TV spot possibly).

On Friends,Joey was surrounded by people the nation became familiar with. On his own show,he in a new place and around only a few that he himself knows.
We the audience don't know them and for those who would just like to leave it with Friends and not continue,we're not all that interested.

There's been a few epsidoes but more so the writing needs toimprove greatly,at least by 50% or better. Frasier (the spin-off of Cheers) succeeded because it had great comedy writing. That is what the show needs,not desperation moves like moving Joey into a house! That's a sure sign of panic. Rolling Eyes

If the comedy isn't fall down from your chair funny,then forget it and pack it in. I wish them luck anyway. Very Happy

Happipuppi

Oops forgot:      Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote

One other thing I meant to say about spin-off's from "canceled" series.

They rarely work out and it becomes kind of a case of "enough is enough already."

3 best cases in point:

Golden Palace: Spin off from "Golden Girls". 1 season,so-so ratings.
Three of the original four buy and work in a Miami hotel.
(Best thing I can say about it,it was an early introduction to actor Don Cheadle.) It was stil funny but the girls had had their moment.

Three's A Crowd: Spin-off of Three's Company. Almost 1 season,lackluster ratings. Jack moves in with girlfriend Vicky after Janet gets married and Nurse Terri Aldren moves to Hawaii.

More slapstick humor and misunderstandings from John Ritter as Jack Tripper. The 3rd who makes it a crowd is Vicky's father,who isn't crazy about she and Jack being together. (He's rich,Jack isn't.) Again. John's character had his time and it was definetly up.

#1 example: AfterMASH: Col. Potter/Max Klinger and Father Mulcahy are reunited in Potter's hometown of Hannibal,Mosourri. All end up working at the local Vetran's Hospital together.

More stories about the tragedies of war and what becomes of those who return home. This is a no-brainer. M*A*S*H had a reason for existing when it debuted in 1972. This show is nothing more than a network trying to save it's "$$$" making show in some way. The three actors who played Potter,Klinger and Father Mulcahy,voted for a 12th season of MASh by the way.

Again,enough was enough. Cool

TVJunkie

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:25 am Reply with quote

I actually kinda like Joey I think we should give it a chance and see if we can connect to his new "Friends"

merve

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:53 am Reply with quote

ı love you joey (matt le blanc) you are very very handsome ı from turkey

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> Joey All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved