Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm Dickens, He's Fenster

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> I'm Dickens, He's Fenster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YY4Me

I'm Dickens, He's Fenster      Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:24 am Reply with quote

Since I learned that "fenster" means window in German, I've been wondering whether the character's name, Fenster, was intentional, especially with him being a carpenter.

Does anyone know, or know how I can get, the answer?

Thanks.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm Dickens, He's Fenster      Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote

I did some searching and couldn't find anything. I suspect that it's just a co-incidence but it's possible that someone involved with the show had knowledge of German and decided to give a character an ironic name.

Does anyone know if Fenster is a common German name. I myself spent two years in Germany several decades ago and don't remember anyone by that name but that's certainly not conclusive.

Any help from our German visitors would be appreciated!

Helfen sie uns bitte! Heissen viele Deutscher Fenster? Danke!

YY4Me

I'm Dickens, He's Fenster      Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:33 am Reply with quote

Thanks for trying to find the answer to my I'm Dickens, He's Fenster question. I tried, too, but found nothing. I was hoping there'd be something on the trivia pages here, but no luck there, either. I guess it'll just remain one of life's many mysteries.

Like Rip Van Winkle. Is the first name, Rip, an acronym for "rest in peace?" So many questions . . .

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> I'm Dickens, He's Fenster All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved