Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Trek
Goto page 1,
2  Next  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> Star Trek
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Guy
Novice Member
Novice Member

Star Trek      Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:26 am Reply with quote

Since Paramount is reluctant to make anymore Trek films and apparently can’t properly manage a TV series (I thought Enterprise had potential but was mishandled), maybe they could take another avenue..

How ‘bout some 2 to 4 hour TV movies? It would be cost effective and allow them to mix aspects of multiple past series. They could also tie up some of the loose ends left over, especially from Voyager and TNG.

Any comments or ideas of opening plot lines?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:58 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought Enterprise had potential but was mishandled

I agree with you completely. The series started out as the favorite fare of most Star Trek fans ... "Mankind explores the Unknown".

Then when ratings weren't immediately fantastic, they changed the scripts to the cop out of television programming ... "blow things up and shoot things".

That may get a series a point or so in the ratings from the 14-year-olds who can't get enough of that kind of thing, but it did nothing but tune me out!

Another problem of course is that UPN is not available on all cable systems. I visited family in another state and was surprised to find that the only time I could watch Enterprise was at midnight on Saturday night. Not the best time slot for sure!

Jeremiah
Junior Novice Member
Junior Novice Member

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote

I wish STNG was still going that was my fav Star Trek of them all.

fyrebyrd
Junior Novice Member
Junior Novice Member

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:38 am Reply with quote

Well, the scoop out of Hollywood is...UPN network is being bought out. A little too late because I was really into the last series with the first Enterprise.

It's a shame....but on the other hand...I read that there are plans for a Star Wars tv show series (not animated) in the near future. Although it isn't quite the same as Star Trek I might still find enjoyment in it if it is done well.

Wacky Wizard

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:13 am Reply with quote

sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing it. as long as they dont totaly and uterly bucher it like they did to Battlestar Galactica. it is beyond human language to describe how i feel about that desaster.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Original Star Trek Is Being Updated!      Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:05 am Reply with quote

All 79 episodes of the original Star Trek series are being digitally remastered with computer-enhanced effects that were not possible when the show was produced!

Reports are that the exterior of the Enterprise will be rendered in detail instead of being a small model and the ship will move more realistically.

Goofs will also be fixed and the intro music will be redone in Stereo.

The first look at these changes will be episode #14 of the first season titled, "Balance of Terror". That episode featured the first appearance of the Romulans and their cloaking technology and who later played "Sarek" (Spock's father) appeared in this episode as the Romulan commander.

It will be broadcast on either your WB channel or UPN channel (check your local listings) on Saturday, September 16, 2006. In my area, the airtime is 4 PM Eastern but may vary.

MOONDOG

STAR TREK - NEXT GENERATION      Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:18 am Reply with quote

i recently watched the episode that is the 2nd time Moriarty was on STNG, titled "Ship in a Bottle" i think

in the opening scene, before the intro credits, Data as Holmes and Geordi as Watson are in the sitting room in 221B Baker St

Holmes is orating on his deductive analysis of the clues that led him to conclude who is the perpetrator of a murder

there is a 3rd actor in the scene, the man who is about to be fingered for the crime, until a halodeck malfunction interupts the program

the heavily mustacioed man sitting on the couch has a couple lines but, after this short cameo, is not seen on the rest of the show

There is a Holmesian quotation: " You SEE ...... but you do not OBSERVE " ---- my observation of this gentleman is that the fellow looks like John De Lancie who, of course, played the infamous "Q" in many other episodes ( in this episode he is NOT Q but rather just a character in the Holmes halo-program )

can you confirm or refute this elementary deduction ?

MOONDOG

STAR TREK - VOYAGER      Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:22 am Reply with quote

Can you tell me the child actress who played Naomi Wildman ?

Any bio info about her age/resume while doing the show and what became of her subsequently ?

Did she mature into an acting career/ any other roles or "retire" back into being just a normal kid ?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where Did Naomi Wildman Go?      Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote

Scarlett Pomers is the actress who portrayed Naomi Wildman on Star Trek Voyager. She was born November 28, 1988, making her (currently) 18 years old.

Since Voyager, she has appeared in the pilot episode and several others of the series, "All About Us". She also was in a 2002 TV Movie titled, "A Ring of Endless Light". But the place you've been most likely to see her is as Reba McEntire's character's daughter (Kyra Eleanor Hart) on the series, "Reba" where she's co-starred since Voyager ended! Before Voyager she also had a pretty long list of guest appearances on other TV series and movies starting in 1995 on an episode of "Step by Step". She made her acting debut, however, at three years of age in Michael Jackson's music video, "Heal the World".

Scarlett checked herself into an eating disorder clinic in January of 2006 after dropping to a very dangerous 73 pounds. It's really unfortunate that young female stars feel the pressure to be so thin, but Scarlett is doing fine now and is very active in helping other teenage girls with eating disorders.

So if you want to see her, just tune in to "Reba"!

wpowell

possible Star Trek revival?      Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:12 pm Reply with quote

Someone named Sal Lagonia is trying to resurrect Star Trek with a series called Star Trek: Cardinal check it out at www.startrekcardinal.com but be warned if you see Cardinal's design it is not final until it is approved by the people working on the project. I hope it works out years without Star Trek is like just drinking water and not being able to eat food anymore, which is not good at all. I hope CBS sees the potential of the series and begins production post-haste in hopefully this year or the next. The best time slot would 8:00-9:00 Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday. Not weekdays because we know what that did to many beloved series that we cherished and still cherish for a long time.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Star Trek      Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:13 am Reply with quote

Of course, Paramount Studios owns the copyright to Star Trek, Star Fleet, the United Federation of Planets, etc. that is being used in that project. Without Paramount's permission and participation, that project probably isn't going anywhere.

Star Trek is one of the most protected properties in TV history. Many, many people who thought that they could profit from Star Trek's success have been sued over the year ... successfully sued.

That site is also full of errors. It says that the writing of Star Trek scripts was bad. There may have been bad episodes and even a bad season or two during the Star Trek series but, as a whole, the scripts were among TV sci-fi series' greatest, in my opinion. I admit that the scripts on Enterprise eventually got pretty bad. Instead of "exploring brave new worlds" they decided to "fight alien attackers" a bit too much.

The site talks about how so many more people watched the first episode of the original Star Trek series than watched the last episode of the first season. That's common for all TV series. People tune in to see if they like a new show and only something less than 100% decide to become regular viewers.

It just looks to me like that site is another where someone with absolutely no experience or training in the entertainment industry is deciding that he or she can do better than the most successful sci-fi franchise in TV history. That's not likely to happen.

AidansMom

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Lots of young people today make fun of the first Star Trek series because of the lame special effects and props but it was way ahead of its time in its day. It was one of the first sci-fi projects on the big or small screen with terrific scripts. Most sci-fi at the time was just alien monsters eating Earthlings.

misterg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quote

the first star trek is really lame by today's standards. it's hard to believe that anyone could ever have stomached it. but then i think of my grandpa who still watches old movies and shows in black and white and thinks there great!

so i guess that it's all what your used to.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shatner to appear on Psych      Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quote

While he's best known as Captain Kirk, William Shatner had an impressive acting career prior to "Star Trek" starting with his first credited role as a criminal in a 1951 film titled, "The Butler's Night Off".

And he's still a major star having starred in 101 episodes of "Boston Legal" from 2004-2008 and performing the lead role on "$#*! My Dad Says" as recently as February of this year.

Shatner turned 80 this year but shows little sign of slowing down. He's producing more these days than acting but fans will be thrilled to hear that he will be guest-starring on the Novemeber 30th episode of the USA Networks drama series, "Psych".

AidansMom

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote

Captain Kirk on Psych! What will they think of next?

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> Star Trek All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved