Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for the name of a mini series from the 70's?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> looking for the name of a mini series from the 70's?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulyrock

looking for the name of a mini series from the 70's?      Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote

Hi. hope this hasn't come up yet or I missed it. Looking for the name of a mini series about the discovery of a missing gospel. I saw it, and I was certain that Ben Gazzara had a lead role, but his bio doesn't show it. I've googled myself stupid but cant find anything yet. It centers about this discovery being a hoax, because the new information is so compelling as to possibly change humanity? anybody remember this series. i think it was a 2 part. pretty sure it was in the 70's. I was still living at home. Thanks
Paul

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Word Mini-series      Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you're looking for a 1978 CBS mini-series titled, "The Word". It starred David Janssen and James Whitmore.

Whitmore played a publisher who prints a new Bible based on a document found that showed that Jesus preached the gospel for 19 years after he rose from the crucifiction and then was crucified again. The document was supposedly written by Jesus' brother, James the Just.

Janssen played a public relations guy hired to promote the new Bible who eventually comes to doubt its authenticity. He finds himself enveloped in intrigue when Whitmore's character and others try to silence him.

The mini-series was 8 hours long and based on a novel, also titled The Word by Irving Wallace and there was also a version on Broadway in 1975.

paulyrock

Re: The Word Mini-series      Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV wrote:
I'm pretty sure you're looking for a 1978 CBS mini-series titled, "The Word". It starred David Janssen and James Whitmore.

The Word.... OMG yes thats it.

David Janssen... i was close... i think they all had the same haircuts back then?

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

now to find it?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:01 pm Reply with quote

I agree! Janssen and Gazarra could almost have been brothers. Similar look and they played similar types.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> looking for the name of a mini series from the 70's? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved