Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Brady Bunch
Goto page 1,
2  Next  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> The Brady Bunch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Brady Bunch      Sat May 20, 2006 11:11 am Reply with quote

Welcome to The Brady Bunch forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about The Brady Bunch or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

If you would like to read more information about The Brady Bunch, you can find our web pages at:

The Brady Brides: ----------- http://www.crazyabouttv.com/bradybrides.html
The Brady Bunch: ----------- http://www.crazyabouttv.com/bradybunch.html
The Brady Bunch Variety Hour: http://www.crazyabouttv.com/bradybunchhour.html
The Brady Kids (Animated): -- http://www.crazyabouttv.com/bradykids.html
The Bradys (Drama): -------- http://www.crazyabouttv.com/bradys.html

Thanks for visiting!

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total

brady bunch or partridge family      Mon May 22, 2006 10:19 am Reply with quote

who do you guys think was hotter, marcia from the brady bunch or laurie from the partridge family?

i think laurie was much hotter! Exclamation

i wonder what they look like today? maybe i don't want to know and ruin my crushes.

mreed

2 Jan Bradys?      Fri May 26, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote

Someone recently suggested to me that there were 2 actresses who portrayed Jan on the Brady Bunch. Could this possibly be true?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Brady Bunch      Fri May 26, 2006 8:46 am Reply with quote

Eve Plumb was the only actress to play Jan Brady on The Brady Bunch. She was also the only one of that cast to NOT appear on the Brady Bunch Variety Hour. Geri Reischl played the role of Jan Brady on that series.

Four years after the Brady Bunch Variety Hour, Eve Plumb did return to her role as Jan Brady (Covington) on the series, "The Brady Brides".

Tipper

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:20 pm Reply with quote

I just wanted to make a correction in the trivia question section. The answer to the question about the one item the Brady's never used was the beautiful backyard Barbeque, but that's not true. In the episode "Dough Re Mi" where Peter's voice is changing and Greg writes the song "When it's time to change", Carol and Alice are in the backyard grilling hamburgers on said Barbeque when Greg walks up and explains the situation concerning the recording of his song.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Brady Bunch Trivia      Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:16 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! That's one of our very first pages and even though we always get at least two sources for trivia items, often one source simply copied from the other. That's probably what happened there.

It's fixed!

Thanks again!

leighannd

Where do you get      Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote

Where do you guys get these things. Im only 14 and i love the Brady Bunch. Can you buy the cartoons on the web or something? or no. i also want all 9 episodes of the Variety hour...so ya. Please let me know. my email is choirgirl20042005@yahoo.com

JazzLover

The Brady Bunch Variety Hour      Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:59 pm Reply with quote

Geez! The legal Brady Bunch Variety Hour Dvd only costs less than 13 bucks. And you want someone to make you copies? Are you on welfare or what?

Becky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The Brady Bunch Dvds      Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:01 pm Reply with quote

Yeah! The Brady Bunch cast are getting up there in years and several of them have not been acting any or much since the series ended. They probably need the residuals from the dvd sales. They do get something from the dvd sales, don't they?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Brady Bunch Residuals      Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:37 am Reply with quote

I searched and searched and couldn't find a direct answer to that question. I did find references to the "fact" that the idea that actors should be paid something for repeats on television was proposed by a 1960 contract negotiated by the Screen Actor's Guild president, Ronald Reagan! Of course, that was geared more toward theatrical films as nearly no one at the time thought anyone would ever want to see a repeat of a television show.

I also found some information stating that there was something called an "Imperpetuity Clause” that started appearing in contracts about 1973. It guaranteed actors that they would get something each time an episode was shown. Apparently, most actors before that got nothing at all or only got paid small sums for the first half-dozen or so times an episode was re-run. Even with the Imperpetuity Clause, the payments typically get smaller and smaller each time an episode airs.

So if all that is true, the Brady Bunch series had only one year at most to go after 1973. Of course, it's possible that some or all of the cast may have negotiated such a clause even though it was not yet common.

And in any case, many of them appeared in later series, "The Brady Bunch Hour", "The Brady Kids (animated but they did the voices)", "The Bradys", and "The Brady Brides". Hopefully, they got paid well (+residuals) for those.

And they've also had opportunities for personal speaking engagements, guest appearances on talk shows, guest-starring on other series, etc.

So hopefully, they are all at least comfortable financially.

Anyone know for sure if the info above is correct or know anymore about the Brady cast receiving residual payments?

sueg

Brady 500      Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the 1990 tv series, "The Brady 500" is available on dvd?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Brady 500      Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote

The Brady 500 was actually the 2 episode pilot for the series titled, "The Bradys". The original name of those episodes was, "Start Your Engines - Parts 1 & 2". When TV Land re-aired them, they chose to present it kind of like a TV movie and re-titled them "The Brady 500".

Unfortunately, The Bradys has never been released on home video or dvd.

pmjenness

Marcia's alias      Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote

I have been trying like crazy to download "cyrano de brady" to find out what alias Marcia used when she helped Greg pretend he was a womanzier for Peter. I need to find out to finish a Brady online quiz. This is the only question left. Does anyone know

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who will get the girl?      Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote

Marcia wore a wig and sunglasses in a disguise as an old girlfriend of Greg's who had been cruelly dumped by him. The idea was to convince the girl that Peter liked to forget about Greg and like Peter instead. Marcia's disguise wasn't anyone famous or anything, simply an old spurned girlfriend.

Apparently it worked because Peter did get the girl in the end!

gibbons2009

The Bradys Updated Lyrics      Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:40 am Reply with quote

Hi I Got The Lyrics To The Updated Song Of The Bradys Its

Heres the story,
of the family Brady,
a mom and dad with all their children grown.
Our kids are now pursuing their dreams,
with families of their own.
When our kids were small,
their problems all were smaller.
As they changed, so did their point of view.
The World has taken on a larger meaning,
Since the family grew.
The Bradys!
Oh, the Bradys!
Thats how The Brady Bunch became The Bradys

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> The Brady Bunch All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved