Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brothers and Sisters

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Brothers and Sisters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Brothers and Sisters      Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the Brothers and Sisters forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about Brothers and Sisters or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

Brothers and Sisters will be a drama series on ABC starring Calista Flockhart and Sally Field. If you would like to read more information about the series, check out our:

Brothers and Sisters Page!

Ally McBeal Lover

Calista Flockhart is back!      Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:06 am Reply with quote

I'm so happy to see that Calista Flockhart is back to television on Brothers and Sisters! I loved her on Ally McBeal! Is Sally Field going to play her mother? I like Sally too. She's been around forever. I saw her in a couple of movies and she was on some series where she played a Judge. I thought that was a good show but it didn't last long. I think she got started in show business about 45 years ago on a show called the Flying Nun. Is that true? Anyway, I cant wait to see them on Brothers and Sisters Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

ABC Orders Full Season of Brothers and Sisters!      Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:50 pm Reply with quote

Great News!

ABC has ordered a full season of Brothers and Sisters! For most series, that's at least 22 episodes, so Brothers and Sisters isn't going anywhere soon!

Are you happy?

JUDY

JAN14 07 EPISODE      Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote

I have been a fan of this show since last year. However the episode that played Sunday Jan 14th, 2007 upset me. I understand that the show is new and edgy , but I am getting sick to my stomach with the "Gay" influx of shows on TV now. Why do these programs keep pushing the envelope. It is getting so bad that I am afraid to have my grandchildren watch TV with me at all! Can you not be funny and entertaining without pushing the "Gay Thing"? We do not have the see men or women kissing each other, or see bare "butts" (or worse ) to be entertained. I am sorry, but if I see anything resembling what was aired last episode, you will lose a fan. If I want to watch junk I will tune into Flavor of Love! (yuck!) Better re-think your strategy

A concerned fan,

JazzLover

Get over it!      Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I am getting sick to my stomach with the "Gay" influx of shows on TV

TV is not only for one certain group. Most studies have shown that 10-15% of the population is gay or at least bi. So if you don't like the show, maybe you should find something else to watch.

Quote:
It is getting so bad that I am afraid to have my grandchildren watch TV with me at all!

So you watch a lot of television with your grandchildren till 11 PM on a Sunday night, huh?

Quote:
We do not have the see men or women kissing each other, or see bare "butts" (or worse ) to be entertained.

Entertainment is in the eyes of the beholder. Again, if you don't like the show, watch one of the other hundreds of channels available.

You know, there were many people who were upset by shows like the Jeffersons when it first came on the air too. "How dare that black man talk his jive and put down decent white people?", they exclaimed.

The fact is that a respectable percentage of the population is gay and they're not hiding in the closet anymore. They're demanding to be represented in the media. If a part of their lifestyle includes bare butts ... well we've seen those on straight shows too.

I'm glad I live in a country where minorities of all kinds have at least some degree of equality with people like you who just wish they'd hide away somewhere.

Take my advice:

1. Switch channels.
2. Put your grandchildren to bed by 9pm.
3. Accept others' rights to be different from you whether you approve or not.
4. Take your blood pressure medication before 10 Pm.

bill

sick stuff      Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quote

the last episode showing the 2 gay guys kissing on the lips was absolutely sick.......... sick.... what are you people thinking??? not only the kissing but the gay conversations between to male lovers is unnecessary for your show to be a success. surely you will lose the viewing of christians of all denominations, or just people of moral standards.

this show has gotten so sick that i had to write this note to voice my disapproval.

count me out until the gay guys are gone.

bill Evil or Very Mad

susheng

What is the song      Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quote

Am trying to find out what the song was for the closing scene of episode 10 around the christmas tree lights Rolling Eyes

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Brothers and Sisters Music      Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote

"Song for a Winter's Night" by Sarah McLachlan was in that episode. I'm not sure whether or not it was the closing tune.

There's a short clip of that song that you can listen to on this page at Amazon.com

Good Luck!

kristen

season 1      Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote

do you think they will air season 1 again? any idea when?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Brothers and Sisters reruns?      Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quote

Your best bet is probably to watch ABC's summer lineup. The networks often show reruns of the most recent season's episodes then.

TVProfessor
Site Admin
Site Admin

An Article About Brothers and Sisters      Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:14 am Reply with quote

The Brothers and Sisters television series is an all American family drama that revolves around the Walker family who live in Pasadena, California. It is a really touching, dramatic, and carefully crafted series that not only looks at the trials and tribulations of a family, but also investigates the happy moments they share together and how each member of the family is always there for each other at the most needy times.

The redirected Brothers and Sisters television series premiered on the 24th of September in 2006. The Walker family, around which the entire series revolved, consisted of Nora Walker, her two daughters and three sons. The eldest daughter and the eldest child of the Walker family was the Chief Executive Officer of the family business, Ojai Foods. Kitty Walker, the second daughter and the second child to the Walker couple was married to Senator Robert McCallister and was also his communications director.

The first son and the third child of the walker couple was Tommy Walker, and the next son was Kevin Walker who was a corporate lawyer who becomes the next director of communication to the senator. Justin walker the last son of the family was a war veteran and also a recovering drug addict.

Most of the lead characters of the Brothers and Sisters television series were played by award winning celebrities. Calista Flockhart, Rachel Griffiths, Patricia Wettig and Sally Field were amongst them. Sally Field also won the Emmy in 2007 for lead role played in The Brothers and Sisters television series while Rachel Griffiths was nominated for the supporting role.

There are many main story lines in this particular television series that revolve around every single lead character in the Walker family. The series began with the death of Mr. Walker on the day of the second child’s birthday. His death leads to a lot of secrets that have remained buried all this while. Certain skeletons are better left in the closet is the ultimate meaning that you can get out of The Brothers and Sisters television series because it shows how the secrets of the father and husband, Mr. Walker, affected the surviving members of the family.

Since the very first season that was aired in 2006, we have come across various twist and turns in each Walker’s life and it's likely that the 2010-2011 season has a lot of further surprises to come in the fifth season. Kin Olin and Jon Baitz are the producers of the gripping drama series. This particular series has had better viewers’ ratings than many other American drama series and it surely has been at the top of the viewers’ list both in the United States, the United Kingdom, and around the world.

If you have missed the Brothers and Sisters television series, then trust me. You have missed a great deal! This is the story that we have all been waiting for - the lives of an influential American family with Jewish and Irish roots, their problems and how every member of the family pitch in to help each other.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Brothers and Sisters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved