Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black female talk show hostess

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Talk Shows/Scandal -> Black female talk show hostess
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curpeg

Black female talk show hostess      Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quote

Who was another Black female talk show hostess back in the 90's besides Oprah?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Afro-American female talk show hosts      Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:31 am Reply with quote

Tempest Bledsoe who played Vanessa Huxtable on the Cosby Show had her own talk show appropriately titled, "The Tempest Bledsoe Show" that aired in 1995.

Star Jones has been a co-host of, "The View" since 1997.

Queen Latifah also had her own show titled, "The Queen Latifah Show" that ran from September of 1999 to May of 2000.

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

AidansMom

Interesting      Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote

I knew Star Jones and Queen Latifah but I never heard of "The Tempest Bledsoe Show". It must have been a short run or on a channel I never watch.

You learn something new every day!

TVJunkie

Afro-American female talk show hosts      Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:44 am Reply with quote

didn't Whoopi Goldberg have a short lived talk show too? Also Tyra Banks has a talk show on now.

BeachBoy

The Whoopi Goldberg Show      Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote

The Whoopi Goldberg Show aired in syndycation daily from September of 1992 to September of 1993. Even though 200 episodes or so were produced, it was pretty much a disaster. It seems like, in most cases, the type of personality that makes a talk show a hit is rare in those with other major talents.

TVJunkie

thanks Beachboy      Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:41 pm Reply with quote

I guess I could have found the info out but I was being lazy LOL I thought I remembered her having a show now she does a syndicated radio show I can hear her mornings where I live she's not too bad either.

JazzLover

Whoopi Goldberg      Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote

To me, Whoopi will always be Guinan, the wise and ancient bartendress on Star Trek the next generation! I can't imagine her doing well hosting a talk show, but most people wouldn't have thought she'd make a good sci-fi character either!

AidansMom

Black female talk show hostesses      Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't imagine her (Whoopi) doing well hosting a talk show

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that Whoopi is doing a fantastic job as a co-host on "The View".

kristinjenson1

Re: Black female talk show hostesses      Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:20 am Reply with quote

AidansMom wrote:
Quote:
I can't imagine her (Whoopi) doing well hosting a talk show

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that Whoopi is doing a fantastic job as a co-host on "The View".

yeah I am also think same for the whoopi, why they dont think about that...

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Talk Shows/Scandal -> Black female talk show hostess All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved