Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talk Show Trivia

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Talk Shows/Scandal -> Talk Show Trivia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Talk Show Trivia      Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:53 am Reply with quote

David Letterman guest-hosted the Tonight Show 51 times!

Anybody else have talk show trivia Question Question Question

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote

Oprah Winfrey is the first woman ever to own and produce her own talk show.

More? Question

Happipuppi

The 2 naughty ladies of (Johnny) Carson's Tonight Show      Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Here's a good one! Wink

One night in the early '90s,Johnny Carsons guests were actress/comedienne Madeline Khan and singer Gloria Estefan. During both of their interviews with Johnny,some unexpected & accidental "blue" humor emerged during conversation.

Madeline Khan talked about a tennis game she was in and it was in this game that she realized that (I'm quoting her directly here),"I have a fear of balls coming at me." Laughing

Johnny gave one of those looks into the camera like,"Oh boy,what'd she just say?" Very Happy

Not only that,Gloria Estefan talked about how embarrasing it is when men in the audience of her concerts "reveal" themselves to her, during the song,"Don't Wanna Lose You". She said,"It's embarrasing because the 1st line of the song is,"Sometimes it's hard". Laughing Again Johnny gave that look,most likely because he couldn't believe it happened twice in one show! Very Happy

Remember,I'm just "quoting" what they said...because I normally don't go for that kind of humor but as long as Johnny was okay with it,so was I. Cool

JazzLover

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:02 am Reply with quote

Oh, that's disgusting!

I love it!

BeachBoy

The Magic Hour      Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:46 am Reply with quote

Basketball star Magic Johnson hosted a talk show titled, "The Magic Hour" that debued on June 8, 1998 and lasted a meer 8 weeks. It was hated by critics and audiences alike.

Oh yeah, Sheila E. was the bandleader on the show.

MainMan

Talk Shows      Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote

Comedian Joey Bishop holds the record for guest-hosting on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson due to the 177 times he hosted the show.

Joey was also a member of the famous (or infamous) "Rat Pack" during the 1960s with pals Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., and Peter Lawford.

AidansMom

Talk Show Trivia      Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote

Up until 1967, some NBC affiliates ran 15 minute news programs and some ran theirs for 30 minutes like today. So what does that have to do with Talk Shows?

Well, the Tonight Show was accomodating the affiliates by doing 15 minutes of show for the affiliates with 15 minute news programs. Then they had to repeat the show's opening credits and announce that night's guests for the other affiliates.

Johnny Carson noticed that by 1966 the majority of affiliates had moved to 30 minute news programs. Johnny pretty much insisted that NBC force the others to change to a half hour of news so that his monologue would be seen by everyone instead of just the few stations that saw the first 15 minutes of the Tonight Show.

Those affiliates thought they could fight Carson and win but Johnny developed a case of the "15 minute flu" each night and refused to perform that ridiculous first 15 minutes. When the affiliates saw their rating sink like a rock, they gave in and all NBC stations went to 30 minute news broadcasts.

Alyssa
Novice Member
Novice Member

Johnny Carson the power broker      Sat May 08, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote

WOW! Carson had a lot of power, didn't he? I miss him so!

JazzLover

Oprah Winfrey talk show trivia      Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote

The Oprah Winfrey Show has been the number 1 talk show on the air for 25 seasons in a row!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Talk Shows/Scandal -> Talk Show Trivia All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved