Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special: Angels Launch a Balladier, but silent in da Grooves

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Special: Angels Launch a Balladier, but silent in da Grooves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbanak

Special: Angels Launch a Balladier, but silent in da Grooves      Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:38 am Reply with quote

Summary: I'm seeking a TV Special: Angels Launch a Balladier into a recoding career, but they remain silent in the grooves whenever his hit song is played.

Neighbors: The time frame is the 1961-1962 TV Season. A young ballad-singer, equipped only with his guitar, is struggling to make it. A group of angels (in disguise) urge him to do an audition with their backup intrumentations. A recording executive reluctantly agrees to hear them, and a new career is launched. One detail: When the grooves are played over the air, people only hear the gentle music of the solo balladier. And they like it!

I have tried very hard to get a fix on this. I seem to recall this as a Ricky Nelson vehicle, but the Internet Movie Database mentions nothing of it for Ricky Nelson.

Detail: When the music executive agrees to hear the live audition, he says, "OK, but you'll have to pay for the juice." ...meaning the electricity.

Might this synopsis snap a twig for any of you experts out there?

Thanks,
M. A. Banak

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Special: Angels Launch a Balladier, but silent in da Grooves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved