Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cartoons that I grew up watching
Goto page 1,
2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Animation -> cartoons that I grew up watching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherice

cartoons that I grew up watching      Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:31 pm Reply with quote

I would like to see or know more about speed buggy. Ps: where can I get this.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:29 am Reply with quote

Speed Buggy was a saturday morning cartoon series on CBS about three teenagers (Tinker, Debbie, & Mark) who travel around the country encountering adventures with their car (who also happens to be their friend) called Speed Buggy.

Speed Buggy's voice was provided by the legendary "Mel Blanc" who is the all-time king of cartoon character voices. You've heard him as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety Bird, Porky the Pig, Sylvester, Yosemite Sam, Marvin the Martian, Barney Rubble, Dino, Mr. Spacely, Elmer Fudd, Wile E. Coyote, Pepe Le Pew, the Tasmanian Devil, and numerous other lesser known voices!

Unfortunately, Speed Buggy only ran for 16 episodes.

We don't have many animated series at our CrazyAboutTV.com site (at least so far). You can find more information by searching for "Speed Buggy" at any search engine. There's an amazing number of sites for such a short-run series.

Good luck with your search!

misterg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote

i remember seeing that! i thought it was just a cartoon though. are you sure that it was a series?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote

Yep! Was definitely a series.

johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quote

I tend to like the classic cartoons. The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, ......

Some of the newer ones are pretty good too though! SpongeBob is hilarious! Laughing

pcmanofpryor

Don't forget      Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:32 am Reply with quote

Kroft Super Stars. Had various kool live and animated shows.

MainMan

Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:21 am Reply with quote

My favorite was Road Runner! It's hilarious watching Wile E. Coyote's failed attempts at capturing RR and plunging off a cliff or having some heavy object squash him.

Old Guy
Novice Member
Novice Member

Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:54 am Reply with quote

Jonny Quest rocked! Sci-Fi, spies, chicks, futuristic weapons and planes, evil villains bent on taking over the world, JQ had it all. If you’ve never seen it, you’re missing out!

Has anyone seen it on TV, Tape or DVD lately?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:42 am Reply with quote

I haven't seen it, but Amazon has the first season available on DVD for 30 bucks.

AidansMom

Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote

It seems like I saw Jonny within the last couple of years on television but I can't remember on what channel ... sorry!

Happipuppi

Cartoony!      Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

I'll put this in a simple way. If it was a cartoon,if it was on between 1970-1979,I more than likely saw it.

I recall how back then,cartoons on Sat. mornig were on from
5am to past noon! (Yes,sometimes I watched that long!)

What a partial waste of a Saturday from school! Rolling Eyes

I watched some in the '80s and even saw Animaniacs & Tiny Toons in the early '90s (what can I say???....they were hilarious! Laughing ) After that,I genuinely stopped,I "finally" outgrw that kind of thing!

(Except when Iwatch Spongbob with my god-daughter,then it's okay. Wink ) Very Happy

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote

SpongeBob is pretty funny. I watch it with my niece and nephews while babysitting when I need some time without the "get me somethings".

They are mesmorized and ask for nothing while I get reasonably entertained. Everybody wins! Exclamation

Happipuppi

I win too!      Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:57 pm Reply with quote

I win her and her baby sisters silence and admiration. Admiration because I can imitate all the male characters on the show except Plankton. Smile Still working on it though,I'll never talk like Sandy (but being a dude that's probably for the best! Laughing

dred

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quote

well im older than most of you ... my favorite cartoons were from the 60's I watched astro boy and and 8th man they were my favorites

jajsage

spped buggy      Sat May 06, 2006 2:40 pm Reply with quote

I believe the series is airing on boomerang now.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Animation -> cartoons that I grew up watching All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved