Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maverick

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Action -> Maverick
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maverick      Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the Maverick forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about Maverick/Bret Maverick or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

If you would like to read more information about Maverick or Bret Maverick, you can find our web pages about those shows at:

Maverick
Bret Maverick

Thanks for visiting!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who sang the Maverick Theme Song?      Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote

In another thread, Tony5675 asked who sang the Maverick theme song.

My response is something less than satisfying. Several sources say that it was Ed Bruce but Ed (along with James Garner) actually sang the theme to the series, "Bret Maverick".

A few other sources claim that it was Don Durant. Now this gets interesting! Don did sing on several TV series including on the theme song for a series titled, "Johnny Ringo" on which Durant also was the star! Durant also definitely did guest star on the pilot episode of Maverick. Even more interesting, he tried out for the role of Bart Maverick and wanted to play the role as a singing cowboy.

I have two problems with officially declaring Durant as the singer of the Maverick theme song. First, it's obvious that there are actually two, three, or more voices on the song. Of course, it's possible that they ran Durant's voice on three tracks concurrently or maybe Durant sang the song with one or two other singers. Secondly, I can't find any "Authority Sources" that say Durant was the singer. Just a few small websites that could be mistaken.

So for now I'm only willing to say that Don Durant may have been involved with the Maverick theme song performance but there's just not enough evidence for me to state it as fact.

Perhaps someone who worked on the show or a close friend or relative of someone will help out here. That's usually the only way to resolve these questions definitively.

Cowboy Al

Maverick Solitare      Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quote

Tuned in late for the episode featuring Maverick Solitare. How is it played?

tresh791

Maverick on DVD      Sun May 02, 2010 4:49 am Reply with quote

I know that Maverick was available on VHS through Columbia House, but has the series ever been released on DVD?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maverick TV Show Dvds      Sun May 02, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote

Warner Home Video did release one Maverick dvd with 6 episodes but discontinued it due to lack of sales. New and used ones are available at Amazon.com through third-party sellers but they're currently going for $59.99 to over $100 because they are now so-called collector's items.

The TV reunion movie titled, "The New Maverick" where James Garner reprised his role as Bret Maverick is still being produced on Dvd and is currently priced at a more reasonable $14.98.

Both are available there used also but be aware that used dvds often have pixelation problems or they won't play at all due to scratches or other defects.

I'd venture a guess that anything else you find out there is bootleg.

AidansMom

Maverick and James Garner      Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:21 am Reply with quote

My grandfather loved Maverick and all of those other western TV shows and movies (especially Gunsmoke).

James Garner was really good looking back then!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Action -> Maverick All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved