Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

90210 v. Melrose Place

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Soaps -> 90210 v. Melrose Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LooneyToon

90210 v. Melrose Place      Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quote

Why would they remake 90210 unstead of Melrose place, Melrose was definitely the better show. . . Maybe all the Melrose Alums had better things going on in their careers. Thoughts?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote

The networks seem to feel that their most profitable shows are the ones that appeal to young teens (13-14). I won't presume to know their business better than they do regardless of how ridiculous it seems to me.

13 and 14-year-olds are generally dreaming of their upcoming High School lives, not the slightly scary "on your own" twenties.

Anyway, that's my guess as to why.

SOFarSoGood

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quote

Yeah plus, heather locklear isn't exactly the busiest actress in hollywood either. The returning members of 90210 were still active on the screen before there return to their roots. they still had some mass appeal. Heathers audience is much older now.

Imposter34

Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Actually I think Heather is still pretty busy these days, I know she has a role in the Hannah Montanna movie thatís getting made haha, and we all know Hannah is no small potatoes. She also has a new TV movie coming out! Iím 99% I saw her in a commercial for it last weekend. Iíll look it up.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote

SOFarSoGood wrote:
Heathers audience is much older now.

That's not a big problem. The general population is much older now. We go to movies much later in life now and we absolutely have more free time to watch TV than the young, struggling audience trying to get started in life.

Plus ... Heather makes one fine-looking mom and there's plenty of those parts. She'd probably do best in Lifetime movies where she's a mom by day and a lady of the evening at night or a woman who marries a much older man and then murders him for his money ... you get the picture. The possibilities are endless.

LooneyToon

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote

Did any one catch Heather's TV movie? I did it was pretty good, but that story has been told a trilliion times .

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:48 pm Reply with quote

I'm currently travelling and without Lifetime. Like you say, most of their movies' plots have been done sooooooo many times. When there's absolutely nothing on that I want to see more, they can be entertaining though.

johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

90210 and Melrose Place      Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote

Now the CW is saying that there will be a remake of Melrose Place coming in the fall (of 2009!).

If it's as much of an improvement over the new Beverly Hills 90210 as the old Melrose Place was over the old 90210, it should be terrific! I've watched both of the old ones on dvd from my local library for free!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

MainMan

90219 v. Melrose Place      Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote

In its day, Melrose Place was considered quite sexy. I've seen an episode or two of the original series and it was pretty hot in places for an early nineties tv show. I guess that wasn't really so long ago though.

AidansMom

Beverly Hills 90210 vs. Melrose Place      Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:36 am Reply with quote

I like the new Melrose Place better than the new Beverly Hills. I've never seen either of the original series. Were they worse, the same, or better than the new series?

Becky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Beverly Hills 90210 vs. Melrose Place      Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:07 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
LooneyToon said: "Maybe all the Melrose Alums had better things going on in their careers. Thoughts?"

Actually, I checked the cast members out a while ago on the original "Melrose Place" and was amazed at how many of them simply disappeared after the series ended. Very few or no roles after that.

Of course there were a few exceptions such as Heather Locklear, Marcia Cross, and Doug Savant.

JazzLover

Courtney Thorne-Smith from Melrose Place      Sat May 15, 2010 8:51 am Reply with quote

And let us not forget Courtney Thorne-Smith who went on to star for eight seasons on "According to Jim"

Becky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Courtney Thorne-Smith      Sun May 16, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote

Oh my God! How did I forget about Courtney! Alison was one of the most interesting characters on Melrose Place. A nice character that could, at times, be a real nutcase!

misterg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon May 17, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote

it's almost eerie how alison seemed like such a sweet, innocent thing one minute and then got so worked up about nothing the next minute.

remember though. she was repeatedly molested by her father when she was younger. that could drive anyone more than a little nutso.

Elizabeth_I

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:45 am Reply with quote

I like 90210 more than Melrose Place;)

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Soaps -> 90210 v. Melrose Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved