Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commander-In-Chief

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Commander-In-Chief
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Commander-In-Chief      Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quote

Welcome to the Commander-In-Chief forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about Commander-In-Chief or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

If you would like to read more information about Commander-In-Chief, you can find our web page about that show at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/commanderinchief.html

Thanks for visiting!

leo

COMMANDER      Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:44 am Reply with quote

love this show. Its intellegent, has a message, great cast and shows a woman who can really do the job. No wonder its scared the big boys into canceling it. you cant hide the truth forever women have always made great leaders. The boys in Washington wont hold the power forever. You guys should watch out or Hilary will be the next Commander in Chief and then what will you do. keep taking the smart shows off the air and it will be HBO we will all be watching. [/list]

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Commander-In-Chief Cancelled      Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote

We're sorry to report that on May 13, 2006 ABC announced that Commander-In-Chief had been cancelled.

jackie

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:13 am Reply with quote

Why does USA alway cancel the shows I like. I agree brill show.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Commander-In-Chief      Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:34 am Reply with quote

I really liked the show too!

I think that Geena Davis' character was way to easily manipulated at first. That probably turned a lot of viewers off initially.

I believe that her character should have been written to be "one tough character" from episode one. I think that is the only type of female that most Americans would accept as a real President and the same thing went for the President on Commander-in-Chief.

It's not fair but a President like Jimmy Carter seemed to be acceptable as a refreshingly caring male leader when he was elected. I think that a woman will have to come off as "tough as nails" in order to get elected. That will probably change someday, but I suspect that's how it will be for the first several female Presidents.

Another factor is that conservatives tend to make up a large share of the audience for a political show. Just look at radio! Tons of successful conservative talk shows and nearly no liberal ones. That makes it difficult for a show about a liberal Democratic President to survive.

Of course, "The West Wing" with its seven seasons shows that it is possible. Plus the West Wing had so many fantastic actors and the President, while a Democrat, was pretty middle of the road and even swung to the conservative side of the spectrum occasionally.

Anyway ... I love political dramas that take place around the White House. Hopefully, there will be more attempts at that genre!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Commander-In-Chief All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved