Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

80S Show about trucks

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> 80S Show about trucks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevlxi

80S Show about trucks      Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:00 pm Reply with quote

Hi I`m new here so go gentle . I`ve been searching for a while now for a show about trucks with hidden vehicles, I always thought it was called the highwaymen ,one I kind of remember had a helicopter for cab . I think it was set in the future not too sure any help would be great

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Highwayman TV show      Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:28 am Reply with quote

The series you're referring to was called, "The Highwayman" (with "man", not "men").

"The Highwayman" was about a team of federal marshals who went after criminals that other law enforcement officers couldn't get to using typical legal techniques. The Highwayman drove an 18-wheeler that was loaded with weapons and had a cab that could be converted into a helicopter.

The pilot episode aired on September 20, 1987 and 9 more episodes aired during 1988.

It starred "Sam Jones" as the highwayman. Although Sam has made many appearances on TV and in the movies, the place I remember him from most is from his role as "Flash Gordon" in the 1980 movie also titled, "Flash Gordon". Sam also appeared as the centerfold in the June 1975 issue of Playgirl Magazine.

I hope that answered your question satisfactorily! Welcome to our forum!

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:53 pm; edited 4 times in total

kevlxi

Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote

Yeah that did at least I know I`m not going mad and that was a real programme , now if only I could get hold of a copy !!!!!!!!! oh thanks for the welcome Smile

mrbrisco

80's show about truck with grappling hook launcher      Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote

Cool This has been bugging me for several years. There was a show, I believe in the 80's that featured a 30'ish man, a loner who went out at night on the road in his pickup truck to fight the bad guys. In the back of the pickup bed the had built a launcher that would shoot a grappling hook with a cable. He could shoot the hook from the cab and he used it to stop the vehicle he was chasing. He was sort of an equalizer with a revenge motive against the bad guys. The show didn't last more than one season, as I recall it actually lasted a few episodes and vanished. I am sure it wasn't the Highwayman. I sure hope someone can get this one answered.

ironman1188

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote

You can find series like those being auctioned/sold on ioffer.com all the time. I've gotten The Highwayman, Otherworld, Fantastic Journey, 240-Robert.....
And the movie you seek, mrbrisco, I believe is The Gladiator with Ken Wahl.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote

Just watch out for bootlegs. Typically if something is not available at Amazon, it's illegal. You may even pay and then receive nothing.

I have seen a few examples of stuff being legally sold elsewhere and not at Amazon, but VERY few examples.

ironman1188

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:52 pm Reply with quote

Its never been a problem with any of the shows I've bought. One guy even replaced the defective disc for me.
The real problem is that most of the short lived shows we loved will never be officially released thru the big companies so we who are longing to see them again, or share them with our kids, have no other choice.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:05 pm Reply with quote

You may have had all good experiences but I have heard numerous reports of illegally sold Dvds being horrible quality or not delivered at all. If the studio that owns the show decides not to release it then those who do sell it are doing so illegally and the buyer of illegal goods may find themselves without any legal recourse for a refund.

I'm just making sure that visitors to this site are informed consumers.

mrbrisco

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:41 pm Reply with quote

Very Happy @ironman1188 Thanks for solving my mystery, you are right on the money it was The Gladiator. Can't believe that I was lucky to catch the pilot in '86. Since it never materialized into a series, that is why I remember it as short lived ! Very cool to have this resolved. I will locate a VHS or DVD so that I can see it once again. Thanks very much. Very Happy

ironman1188

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:15 am Reply with quote

No problem. Glad to help.

ironman1188

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:26 am Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV wrote:
You may have had all good experiences but I have heard numerous reports of illegally sold Dvds being horrible quality or not delivered at all. If the studio that owns the show decides not to release it then those who do sell it are doing so illegally and the buyer of illegal goods may find themselves without any legal recourse for a refund.

I'm just making sure that visitors to this site are informed consumers.

I understand your concerns, but people should hear the good as well as the bad. I know there is recourse thru ebay, ioffer and paypal for anything not sold as advertised.
I am nothing if not "crazy about tv" myself, so finding some of these long unseen treasures means a lot to me. especially when I can share them with my kids now.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
people should hear the good as well as the bad

And that's exactly what has happened.

You told them the good ... that there may be ways to find shows on Dvd that aren't available at the typical outlets.

I told them the bad ... that while that may be a possibility, the buyer should beware that most legally sold Dvds are available at Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. Those that aren't merit further investigation to ensure that money doesn't simply disappear and that the dvds are of reasonable quality.

I also did some checking into ioffer and there are complaints all over the web about problems as I've previously described. Illegal stuff. No product after payment, poor quality, etc.

Just check out this ioffer rating. It's only one example of numerous complaints I found at other forums and sites.

Let me emphasize that I'm not saying that everything for sale there is a problem or even that most things are but it's another piece of evidence just like the customer ratings at ebay or Amazon.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> 80S Show about trucks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved