Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why should I register?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> How To Do Things Here -> Why should I register?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Why should I register?      Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote

I don't see any advantage to registering. What's different when you're registered?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Register at CrazyAboutTV.com Forums      Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote

1. Once registered, our software can track which messages you've already read. Then when you log-in the little paper pages inside the circles to the left of each main topic (on our main page) will be brown if there's a message you haven't seen yeat in that topic (and white like they all are for you now if there are no messages you haven't already seen in the topic). There will also be a link on the right-hand side near the top of the main page that reads, "View Posts Since Last Visit". Those functions eliminate the chance of re-reading old messages.

2. Two more links will be available in the same location. One will read, "View Your Posts" (give links to ONLY your posts) and "View Unanswered Posts" (Lists ONLY posts by you with no replies).

3. You will be able to click on a link at the bottom of any thread that reads, "Watch this topic for replies". Then, anytime someone leaves a message in that thread, our software will email you to let you know.

4. On your profile page, you will be able to select the option to have our software notify you whenever someone replies to one of your posts.

5. You can vote in the polls you've probably seen around our forum.

6. You can send private messages to other online users, even if you've elected to hide your email address.

7. You can select an Avatar (a picture like the crazy guy to the left of this post) from our gallery of TV avatars or provide one of your own. It gives you a bit more identification factor!

And I'm sure if I thought hard enough, I could come up with a dozen or so more things you can do once registered.

We will never give out your email address or use it in any way other than to contact you about a forum-related issue. Since October of 2005 when we started this forum, we have not sent one single email to any registered user. We won't abuse you!

So join the CrazyAboutTV gang and become a registered user! We do welcome you other party-poopers to keep visiting though!
Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

BeachBoy

Registering      Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quote

I'm the first registered user here! (After Crazy, that is) Just thought I'd mention that there's a register link at the top of each page. After registering, you can change all your options and get your avatar (I love my Threes Company avator) by clicking on "profile". You can also edit your messages when registered (if you want to change something after you posted it).

Another nice feature is that if you haven't been here in a long time (like me) and don't want to read every single thread, theres a "mark all posts read" link or something like that so you can start fresh.

Hey Crazy! You might ackually want to email some of the first registered users to let them know there's more posts here now! It's really picked up since I was last here!

johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Forum - Register?      Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:46 am Reply with quote

I agree with the statement about the "Mark All Posts Read" feature. That link is almost at the bottom of the main page (Just click on the photo of CrazyAboutTV chasing after the TV in the upper-left-hand corner of the page to get there).

Another feature I couldn't live without that hasn't been mentioned is that you can "edit" your messages after they've been posted. If (the next day) you notice a spelling error or just want to add something to the post, you can! I use that feature pretty regularly at this and other forums! Exclamation

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

More Reasons To Register      Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:14 pm Reply with quote

For a couple of more reasons, check out This Thread to read about new features added for registered users only in September of 2006.

TVJunkie

cool idea and hello      Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:03 pm Reply with quote

been so busy with real world stuff haven't been on much hope all is well CAT great idea about the member ranking kinda cool to see the progresion

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome Back!      Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:00 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words. It's good to see you back!

Yes, things are progressing here. It's tough building a successful forum as so few people will post. Most simply read other's posts, but things are coming along.

Glad you like the member ranking. I heard that it was popular at other forums and the registration has picked up slightly.

AidansMom

Time Zone      Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quote

You can also choose which time zone you're in. Then the current time, time that all posts were posted, time you last visited, etc. are displayed in your local time rather than U.S. Eastern Time Zone!.

trashcansongs
Novice Member
Novice Member

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote

cause being registered is cool!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> How To Do Things Here -> Why should I register? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved