Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for the name of an old tv actor

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Looking for the name of an old tv actor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooobiedoo

Looking for the name of an old tv actor      Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote

The show was back in the 50's or 60's I think. It was similar to Sea Hunt. He was a really good looking dark haired actor but I remember he was in some sort of scandal at the time. In today's time, it probably wouldn't be a big scandal but back then, I guess it was. I think he was dropped from the show or they cancelled the show. I thought his name was Garven or Gavin but I might be wrong. Does anyone remember this person and what his name was? Question

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Assignment: Underwater ???      Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:36 am Reply with quote

I suspect that you are referring to "Assignment: Underwater" that aired during the 1960-1961 season but I never heard of any scandal that the star was involved in and his name was Bill Williams which bears no resemblance to Garven or Gavin.

I hope that's it though!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Aquanauts ???      Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:56 am Reply with quote

I just ran into another possibility titled "The Aquanauts" which also doesn't match the actor's name and I can't find any scandal.

scooobiedoo

Re: The Aquanauts ???      Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:07 am Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV wrote:
I just ran into another possibility titled "The Aquanauts" which also doesn't match the actor's name and I can't find any scandal.

The scandal had to do with something about sex with an underage girl. That's all I remember. I checked the Aquanauts and I don't see his name there also.

alpaulding

1950's TV actor      Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote

I'm looking for the name of a tv actor who played in an early sci-fi show/series with one other man. I think the series was aired as part of childrens show which I can't remember the name of. I remember it in the time frame of Superman, The Lone Ranger and Sky King, or perhaps a little earlier. The premise of the show was about two astronauts who kept peace and order in the universe by weekly traveling into outer space and confronting the bad guys. Their base was in the mountains and they had a long sloping launch ramp from which they took off from and landed back on earth. One of the men was a tall fellow and the other, whom I'm interested in, was on the short side. If I has to say he looked like anyone, it probably would be Buddy Hackett. I also think he played a supporting role on the Danny Thomas Show, Make Room For Daddy, but I cant find him listed on that website(Wikipedia). I don't beleive he ever became an "A" list actor. If anyone can think of who this actor was, I'd be interested to know.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm looking for the name of a tv actor who played in an early sci-fi show/series

I think you're talking about actor Sid Melton. He played "Uncle Charley Halper" on both the "Danny Thomas show" and "Make Room for Granddaddy". Sid also starred on the children's sci-fi, adventure series, "Captain Midnight" as the Captain's sidekick, "Ichabod 'Ikky' Mudd".

Thankfully, Sid is still living at age 90! His last acting credit was in the 1999 movie, "... And Call Me in the Morning".

alpaulding

Sid Melton      Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:21 am Reply with quote

Thank you very much for that picture which, by the way, wikipedia didn't have. I never would have remembered his other character name or the name of the series he played in. This is a great site for finding information about such trivia. Again, thank you!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:02 am Reply with quote

I remember Sid well. He was a very funny guy.

alpaulding

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:52 am Reply with quote

Since you remember him well...you and I must be "older than dirt"! Yes...you are right. After seeing his picture, thanks to the admin., I remembered just how funny he was, especially on the Danny Thomas Show. I've seen many of the shows, as they were broadcast in the 1950's, on the lists provided. They bring back lots of memories. Modern day programming is just too "busy"...too many special effects, plots that are too complicated, and camera work that is too fast(panning too fast, etc.). A sign of the times, I guess. Watching an older show is a lot of fun, now.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Looking for the name of an old tv actor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved