Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baa Baa Black Sheep

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Action -> Baa Baa Black Sheep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baa Baa Black Sheep      Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the Baa Baa Black Sheep forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about Baa Baa Black Sheep/Black Sheep Squadron or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

To eliminate any confusion, you need to realize that this series was titled, "Baa Baa Black Sheep" during its first season. Then the title was changed to, "Black Sheep Squadron" for the second season. We have chosen to have a seperate web page for each title even though the series basic plotline never changed.

If you would like to read more information about Baa Baa Black Sheep or Black Sheep Squadron, you can find our web pages about those shows at:

Baa Baa Black Sheep
Black Sheep Squadron

Thanks for visiting!

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Baa Baa Black Sheep memories      Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:30 am Reply with quote

Black Sheep Squadron was one of my favorite shows! I can't remember it ever being called Baa Baa Black Sheep but see at your site that was the first season's title. I probably just forgot.

It was a show that showed it like it probably really was. The guys fighting WWII probably partied at every opportunity but then got serious and highly dedicated to their jobs (defeating tyranny) when it came time to fight.

I do suspect that having the nurses available and so much time to party was probably not real reflective of the actual situation at the time but it made for one good show.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baa Baa Black Sheep      Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:30 pm Reply with quote

The Colonel would always want to court-martial someone ... the General would be telling them that he didn't know if he could stop the Colonel this time ... and then Pappy would take his pilots and go save the day, completely ruining any support for the court-martial.

They were definitely a bunch of "work-hard/play hard" guys! Just like most real Marines, I bet.

a&f

pappy dog name      Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:24 am Reply with quote

what was that dogs name?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dog on Baa Baa Black Sheep      Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote

The squadron's dog was a Bull Terrier named "Meatball".

gbaughma

Ficticious?      Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:30 pm Reply with quote

There was a comment about the "Fictitious" Boyington in the trivia section of this page.

Gregory "Pappy" Boyington wasn't fictitious at all. He was born in December of 1912 and died in January of 1988. He retired from the Marine Corps as a colonel.

Perhaps the trivia part is just poorly worded? Perhaps they're talking about the character on the TV, and not the real Boyington?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baa Baa Black Sheep      Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote

You're right! It was horribly worded and did lead one to believe that we were saying that Boyington was a ficticious character.

That's been changed on our "Baa Baa Black Sheep Page" and there's also been more trivia added!

Thanks!

jayf2012

my favorite ww 2 tv show      Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote

hi all just got the dvd collection of ba ba blacksheep i cant stop hearing and humming the theme song. brings back memories. i used to build models of the corsair and the Japanese zero and hang them by fishing line from the ceiling in my bedroom when i was a kid . then i would shoot at the zeroes with my bb gun from my bed boy oh boy my mom and dad wanted to strangle me my walls looked like swiss cheese good to see other fans of the show they should put it on the history or military channel

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Action -> Baa Baa Black Sheep All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved