Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Lone Ranger

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Action -> The Lone Ranger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marchiker

The Lone Ranger      Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quote

How many seasons did the Lone Ranger run? 8 season or 5 seasons?
Were there reruns in 51-52/53-54/55-56? I know Clayton didn't appear in all 221 episodes. A TV book says John Hart appeared in about 25 episodes. Does that make the total 246 episodes?

I like your sight. Not too places have entire episodes. Will you be adding more shows and episodes?

thanks barry

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:53 pm Reply with quote

The Lone Ranger ran for 5 seasons with 221 unique episodes. There were reruns for several years after the series ended.

John Hart played the Lone Ranger for the entire season three (1952-1953; 52 episodes). He often joked about being called, "The other Lone Ranger". His episodes are counted in the 221 total figure.

I also have seen other sources that say there were more seasons and more episodes but they're simply confusing the reruns and syndication with the original run of the series.

Check out our Lone Ranger page at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/loneranger.html

Thanks for your post!

Crysty

Lone Ranger      Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:35 pm Reply with quote

I was surprised to find out it went of the air in the 50's. I was born in 1956 and have fond memories of watching the show/had no idea they had to be re-runs.
Neat to find this t.v. information site.
Crysty

softball_80

Re: The Lone Ranger      Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote

I remember hearing that after the first season or two the powers that be were about to cancel this series, but were persuaded to give it another chance based on the content of a single letter arguing in the show's behalf. Cany anyone confirm this?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Lone Ranger Forum      Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:56 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
were persuaded to give it another chance based on the content of a single letter

I've never heard that. I suppose that anything is possible but networks are typically driven purely by the profit motive and it's doubtful that a single letter from the President or even the Pope would get them to continue a show that they felt would continue losing money.

On the other hand, networks are run by humans and the right appeal could possibly win the day, no matter how unlikely.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Action -> The Lone Ranger All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved