Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gunsmoke
Goto page 1,
2  Next  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Action -> Gunsmoke
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gunsmoke      Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:11 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the Gunsmoke forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about Gunsmoke or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

If you would like to read more information about Gunsmoke, you can find our web page about that show at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/gunsmoketv.html

Thanks for visiting!

Curious

The Money Store - 1968      Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote

Did William Schatner appear in the Money Store (Season 14, 1968)? Also, who was the little girl, she looks familiar.

Question

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gunsmoke Episode Question      Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote

William Shatner is not listed in the credits for that episode.

William Schallert did guest star on that episode. He's probably best known for his role as Martin Lane (Patty's dad) on the "Patty Duke Show". Or you may remember his in his role as "Nilz Barris", The Federation Undersecretary Of Agricultural Affairs, on the original "Star Trek" series episode, "The Trouble With Tribbles". He was also President of the Screen Actor's Guild from 1979-1981. His 84th birthday was just a few weeks ago and he's still working! He does a lot of voice work on animated projects but he still performs too! His latest film titled, "Sweetzer" is in post-production!

The little girl you mentioned was probably Pamelyn Ferdin. She would have been 8 or 9 years old when that episode was filmed. She was a regular guest star on many popular series throughout the 1960s and 70s so she probably did look familiar. She also had a regular role on the "John Forsythe Show" in the mid-1960s. She's only worked in show business a few times since 1979 because she left the business to become a registered nurse about that time. She married a Surgeon in 1986.

Joe Bouvier

James Arness      Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Can you tell me if James real life brother every appeared in the series.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gunsmoke Brother      Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:47 am Reply with quote

James Arness' brother, "Peter Graves", never appeared on Gunsmoke. He did, however, direct a few episodes in 1967. Peter is probably best known for his role as Jim Phelps on the series, "Mission Impossible".

The only time I could find that they were both on the same show was when Peter was on one episode of the series, "This Is Your Life".

JD

Female cast members?      Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quote

My daughter named a puppy Miss Kitty for sounding like a lost kitten &
I like to name litters w/ a theme - The males were easy - MS Dillon & Festus - but I need 2 more female names to make it work....Any help?
- What was Festus' mule's name?! Maybe a regular dance hall girl or better one of the rancher's wives? ALL help is appreciated, Thanx in advance, JD

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Female Gunsmoke Names      Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote

Festus' mule's name was "Ruth".

And another good female name from Gunsmoke (of which there are very few) would be "Sally" after "Sally Fergus" who appeared on 8 episodes of the series. That character inspired the only "spinoff" for Gunsmoke when Sally Fergus became the main character on the 13 episode series titled, "Dirty Sally".

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

JD

Re: Female Gunsmoke Names      Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV wrote:

And another good female name from Gunsmoke (of which there are very few) would be "Sally" after "Sally Fergus" who appeared on 8 episodes of the series. That character inspired the only "spinoff" for Gunsmoke when Sally Fergus became the main character on the 13 episode series titled, "Dirty Sally".

Thanks admin!!!! Take a few Karma points for yourself!!

JD

Re: Female Gunsmoke Names      Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:19 am Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV wrote:

I can't count LOL!!! I have 2 males & 4 females. MS. Dillon & Festus are the males - Ms. Kitty for one F. Now - 2 are twins & I'd like there to be a tie as twins are rare. Per chance was MS. Dillon's horse a mare & was the name known? That would be perfect, leaving Dirty Sally for the odd one out. (The little sweetheart)

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gunsmoke Females      Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:19 am Reply with quote

Matt Dillon's horse was a stallion named "Buck".

The only two other females that I can find information for that had anything to do with Gunsmoke are two more actresses that appeared on multiple episodes. They are:

Fran Ryan (Role: Hannah)
Sarah Selby (Role: Ma Smalley)

If anyone else can find the information on any of the saloon girls names or other actresses (even if they only made a single appearance) I'd also like to see that information. Their contributions should be added to the web somewhere.

JD

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:15 pm Reply with quote

Iknow... there just weren't any!!! Confused
thanx for what you had.

wickedwife0

faye spain      Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:46 pm Reply with quote

I understand that an actress named Faye Spain appeared on an episode of gunsmoke. What if anything do you know about her career?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Actress on Gunsmoke      Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:45 pm Reply with quote

Faye Spain actually appeared on three episodes of Gunsmoke titled, "Mavis McCloud (1957)", "A Man a Day (1961)", and "Wonder (1967)".

She appeared in nearly 100 movies and TV episodes. Most of the films she appeared in were considered "B" movies but she also appeared in some classics including "God's Little Acre (1958)", "Al Capone (1959)", and "The Godfather: Part II (1974)".

Faye unfortunately died young in 1983 at 50!

BIG STEVE in Indiana

Matt Dillon being shot!      Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote

I have been watching Gunsmoke I guess since it came on the air and I have a neat trivia question. How many times was Matt Dillion shot during the 20 year run? I would think he was one massive scar.....I know I watch one episode recently where an outlaw stabbed him with a fork....

tigerlily11

Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quote

Does anyone remember a 2 part episode of Gunsmoke about Dodge City being invaded by a group of outlaws? Matt appears to have been killed but is actually is hiding and retakes the town at the end of the second episode. The bad guy had red hair and a dark beard and I think he was called John Gore. Every online episode list that I have seen does not describe this episode.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Action -> Gunsmoke All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved