Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The "NEW" Hawaii Five-O

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Action -> The "NEW" Hawaii Five-O
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vhmom
Novice Member
Novice Member

The "NEW" Hawaii Five-O      Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:15 am Reply with quote

Aloha, Gentle Viewers..

Since the news of the resurrection of such a "classsic" - I promised not to miss the premiere. My early thought is that it's a valient effort and hope it will improve as the season unfolds.

The characters are good up-dates of originals: McGarrrett the serious one, Dan-O the charming one, Chin the knowledgable local. I don't remember a girl detective, which the show now includes as being Chin's cousin. As to the back-stories, I don't remember the original ones.

How times have changed! I reacll that my parents felt the show was too "racy" for family watching. Remember the Hawaiian hula dancers featured in the opening credits?

Finally, the great song is still there and "Book him, Dan-O" is finally uttered near the end of the show. The closing has the "team" thinking of a name for their squad...

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Hawaii Five-0: So far so ok      Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:14 am Reply with quote

I enjoyed the premiere episode. Hopefully the show will remain as exciting as the first episode.

Remakes typically have not done well over the years. I'm sure there have been a few that achieved the success of the original but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

There were a few things that annoyed me on the premiere episode.

The young woman that can kick the butts of a bunch of guys on her own is a cheap shot in my opinion to attract female viewers to a show that would otherwise probably not appeal to most women.

Then there was also McGarrett and Danno's fight including a sucker punch by Danno which was immediately followed by them in the car and getting along just fine like nothing had happened.

There were other similar things I noticed that work ok in a movie and did work for the one episode but without consistent great scripts and good acting most remakes fail within a season or two. The slick stuff simply doesn't carry an audience any longer than that.

So as I said before, I hope the storylines stay exciting and rely more on interesting plots than on special effects, explosions, "ninja" women and other momentary thrills.

vhmom
Novice Member
Novice Member

"New" Hawaii Five-O Still Trying to "Make It       Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote

Frankly, I don't know if the show is now on its 3rd or 4th episode, but while we found out the origin of "Dan-O" in the 1st episode; we now also know that the task force wants a name and, after watching old video footage of McGarrett's high school football game....they adopt his jersey number: "50" - "Five-O".

There was an additional reason having to do with McGarrett's father, but didn't quite catch the gist of it.

The show is on right now....and here I am typing away, not paying much attention to the goings-on.

I have tried to watch...with an open mind; but, my childhood memories keep getting in the way and this new up-dated version just doesn't seem to measure up.

At least on can enjoy the short snippet of the original theme at the beginning of the show...but that is about it. Sadly.. Sad

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:00 am Reply with quote

I haven't even watched it because I'm so used to remakes being disappointing so your assessment doesn't surprise me.

Anybody else who thinks it's great?

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Action -> The "NEW" Hawaii Five-O All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved