Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What show was this?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> What show was this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joemagiera

What show was this?      Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote

Hi, new to this forum. Hoping someone can remember what this show's name was. It was shown on network television, I'm guessing late 1980's. I don't know why, but I think on ABC. I don't think it was on more than a season or two at most.

It was a half hour comedy about a behind the scenes of putting together the evening news. I don't recall too much, but the things I do:

The producer was not hapless. He knew what was going on, but no one would respond to him. He was a white male. He had a while female assistant that also knew what was going on and people would respond to her. She was the one that got things done.

There was an intelligent articulate black male that did the financial reports. For ratings purposes, the station wanted him to have more of a multi-cultural appeal. On the show, I believe his name was John Jones. They made him pronounce his name Juan Honez to give it a more spanish sound. They made him say "This is Juan Honez with the In-Your-Face Financial Report", which he hated doing.

Sorry to have so little to go on. Does anyone remember this show? I'd love to find the series on DVD. If you respond, please no private messages. Thanks much.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> What show was this? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved