Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Nanny

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> The Nanny
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Nanny      Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quote

Welcome to The Nanny forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about The Nanny or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

If you would like to read more information about The Nanny, you can find our web page about that show at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/nanny.html

Thanks for visiting!

The Nanny Bad! Very Bad!      Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote

I simply don't understand how Fran Drescher's character could be appealing to anyone with that "screeeeeeching" voice of hers!

The Nanny just plain drove me nuts and I had no choice but to watch it because my wife and daughter insisted. Within three weeks I did what I swore I'd never do! We became a two television family!

Now I can watch good shows with redeeming value like "Fear Factor" and "The Biggest Loser"!!!!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Nanny      Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Funny!!!!

I admit that her voice kind of turned me off too and I never gave the series a chance for that reason.

Keep in mind though, as the last line of your post kind of hints to, there are many entertaining things that have little or no redeeming value but do perform a useful function.

Entertainment can sometimes be just pure fun! If a comedy puts a smile on someone's face, who am I to say it's valueless. If a drama takes someones mind off the challenges of life, does it need to serve any other function?

After all, how much television would you watch if only the Salvation Army and the Red Cross produced television programs?

TVProfessor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fran Drescher on "Happily Divorced"      Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote

In an interview on the Wendy Williams Show Fran Dresher ("The Nanny") spoke about her real-life marriage of 18 years to Peter Marc Jacobson who is her now gay, ex-husband and co-producer of their sitcom "Happily Divorced" which was inspired by their relationship experiences both before and after the divorce.

Drescher said, "I've been with Peter since I was 15, so it wasn't like I had a wealth of experience. And the metrosexual thing was coming into vogue when we were together, and he was an actor so I thought 'that's it."

When Williams asked about their sex life Drescher responded, "it [sex] was regular and normal. I turned him on anyway."

The TV Land series premiered on June 15, 2011 and has been renewed for a second season to be broadcast sometime during the Spring of 2012.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> The Nanny All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved