Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carter Country

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> Carter Country
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janoble

Carter Country      Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote

I have been trying to find the name of this show for a long time. I had scoured CrazyAboutTV and couldn't find it. Finally, last night a friend on Facebook told me the show's name, "Carter Country". She was right, but the only place it's really mentioned is on IMDB. It ran from 1977 to 1979. Her initial guess for what I was talking about was "In the Heat of the Night". Then I find on IMDB Carter Country was a variation of In the Heat of the Night.

BillJohnson

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote

In the early to mid 1980s I was working as a troubleshooter for a fortune 500 company. The first time they sent me to the Southern United States I was surprised at the number of locations we had were the black assistant manager or even a lower level employee was obviously more capable than the white manager. It reminded me of Carter Country which I had only seen a few times where the black, intelligent Deputy found himself working for the dimwitted white Sheriff.

I managed to get some of the assistant managers and regular employees promoted to positions more appropriate to their education and abilities but in several cases it was obvious that putting black people in positions of authority over white people wasn't appreciated by a lot of the white employees.

Thankfully, a lot of progress has been made in the last 30 years. And not that it matters but just in case anyone wonders, I am white.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> Carter Country All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved