Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Lost World

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Fantasy/Horror -> The Lost World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdharris

The Lost World      Wed May 06, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quote

I am looking for the name of a Saturday tv series on one of the cable networks. It was about a group of people in another world trying to get back home. The group included a guide/hunter a anthropologists and a very attractive brunette. They meet a blonde jungle girl that befriends the group and tries to help them. Any guesses. It is sort of a land of the lost knock off.
thanks,

Steve H

Re: Looking for the name of a show from about 2003-2006      Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote

jdharris wrote:
I am looking for the name of a Saturday tv series on one of the cable networks. It was about a group of people in another world trying to get back home. The group included a guide/hunter a anthropologists and a very attractive brunette. They meet a blonde jungle girl that befriends the group and tries to help them. Any guesses. It is sort of a land of the lost knock off.
thanks,

Sorry for the late reply. This was "The Lost World" - or complete title: "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World" - loosely based on the novel that was turned into several movies. Jennifer O'Dell played the "jungle girl" Veronica. Can't remember the other actress' name, but character was Marguerite. Both very attractive, and good reasons to watch the show! I had honestly forgotten this show. Wonder what ever happened to them.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote

Rachel Blakely played the role of Marguerite Krux. William Snow played Lord John Roxton, Peter McCauley played Professor George Challenger, and David Orth played Ned Malone.

Jennifer is still very active in show business! She has appeared on episodes of "Scrubs", "CSI:Miami", "CSI: NY", "Charmed", "The Closer", "Two and a Half Men", "NCIS", and many other TV series. She has also appeared in numerous movies including two upcoming ones titled, "The Second Time" and "The Lost Gold of Khan".

David Orth also continues to have an active acting career with 21 acting credits on both the big and small screens since The Lost World ended.

A couple of the other actors had a limited number of acting jobs after The Lost World but most of their careers seem to have fizzled out around 2007.

BeachBoy

The Lost World      Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote

I think that I saw the Lost World tv show just recently somewhere. On WTBS, tv land or somplace like that.

Steve H

On DVD      Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote

I see that it is available through Netflix. I'd assume that it can be picked up elsewhere, as well.

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quote

I've been thinking about getting a dvd by mail service. As I see it, Netflix has an advantage in that they have lots of stuff available for unlimited download and Blockbuster's advantage is that they give you a free rental if you return a mailed one to one of their stores (or so I'm told).

Has anyone used both or just want to tell how great one or the other is? I can't make up my mind.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Fantasy/Horror -> The Lost World All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved