Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV Experts Wanted ! Please Help !

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> TV Experts Wanted ! Please Help !
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbgroup

TV Experts Wanted ! Please Help !      Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quote

I'm looking for the name of a television series that may of aired sometime in the late 70's - 80's, obviously it could been a re-run or a lot older than that, it was in colour though, the only thing I remember was that it featured in the ending titles, hundreds of logs/trees floating on a river/lake, it's an image that has stuck with me since a kid but can't remember the programme, I've asked lots and lots of people, they remember the image of the logs on water but no-one can remember what show it was from. I've checked all the usual suspects, Bonanza, Little House, Grizzly Adams, Huckleberry Finn on you tube buth nothing, the closest was a programme called; The Beachcombers but I don't think we ever had that in the UK, if you know your stuff regarding old TV show's please help ! cheers John

Steve H

Re: TV Experts Wanted ! Please Help !      Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:01 am Reply with quote

sbgroup wrote:
I'm looking for the name of a television series that may of aired sometime in the late 70's - 80's, obviously it could been a re-run or a lot older than that, it was in colour though, the only thing I remember was that it featured in the ending titles, hundreds of logs/trees floating on a river/lake, it's an image that has stuck with me since a kid but can't remember the programme, I've asked lots and lots of people, they remember the image of the logs on water but no-one can remember what show it was from. I've checked all the usual suspects, Bonanza, Little House, Grizzly Adams, Huckleberry Finn on you tube buth nothing, the closest was a programme called; The Beachcombers but I don't think we ever had that in the UK, if you know your stuff regarding old TV show's please help ! cheers John

I wonder if this might be "Here Come The Brides," which was set in a logging communiy in old Seattle. I don't remember the end title sequence, and just barely remember the show, which had a very catchy theme song. Just a thought. I am not sure about this answer, and will try to look into this question further.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

TV Experts Wanted!      Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:43 am Reply with quote

I found a closing credit for "Here Come the Brides" on YouTube and it was not as you describe. It merely showed a still sketch of a horse-drawn carriage with a man and a women in the seat from the rear.

I suppose it's still possible that there could be more than one closing for that series but I'd guess that's not it.

Steve H

Show I.D.      Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:44 pm Reply with quote

I was afraid of that. Can't come up with anything else. Guess we'll need another expert (or a little luck later on!).

sbgroup

Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quote

Thanks Steve H & CrazyAboutTV, on youtube there is what seems like a compilation of clips from the show to the theme of 'Here come the brides' it certainly looks like the same sort or era but nothing with the logs on and as you said, the ending is just drawings rather than footage, it's so frustrating, I can picture it so vividly, large lake/river shot with literally hundreds of redwood trees/logs covering the surface, any more ideas please help, like I said it's so frustrating just good to know sites like these and people like yourselves help each other out so we can all get some closure and sleep at night Very Happy thanks

jkrenski

Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:06 am Reply with quote

Hi TV experts, I am looking for a character from a 1960s tv show. She is a tall beautiful woman who is really a robot, or talks like a robot.

I found the show My Living Doll but not that one. Seems like she was on the villian side for some reason. I keep thinking it was Get Smart but have not been able to find that character. Any ideas??? Thanks !

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:32 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi TV experts, I am looking for a character from a 1960s tv show. She is a tall beautiful woman who is really a robot, or talks like a robot.

The only robot I remember on Get Smart was the evil robot from C.O.N.T.R.O.L. named "Hymie" but it was a male.

The only evil female robot I remember was on "Lost in Space". The Robinsons' robot fell in love with it and got himself into trouble. In that case, the robot did not look like a beautiful woman though. It looked similar to the Robinsons' robot.

Anybody else?

Steve H

Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote

jkrenski wrote:

I found the show My Living Doll but not that one. Seems like she was on the villian side for some reason. I keep thinking it was Get Smart but have not been able to find that character. Any ideas??? Thanks !

What immediately comes to mind is a Star Trek episode. The crew encounters a beautiful woman on a supposedly uninhabited planet, who says "I am for you" to a chosen member and, upon touching him, causes death or at least excruciating pain (if you get away from her in time). Turns out she's a computer-generated defense system for a long expired civilization -- very robotic in action and motivation. Just one episode, but could be it (?).

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

TV Experts Help      Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quote

Quote:
What immediately comes to mind is a Star Trek episode. The crew encounters a beautiful woman on a supposedly uninhabited planet, who says "I am for you" to a chosen member and, upon touching him, causes death

That was episode #72 in the third season titled, "That Which Survives".

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

AidansMom

TV Expert      Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV, you definitely are a tv expert! How can you remember all of that stuff? You're amazing!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

TV Experts      Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:54 am Reply with quote

Quote:
CrazyAboutTV, you definitely are a tv expert!

I'm either having Deja Vu or I recently answered a message just like yours.

Anyway, it's not that I have all this knowledge in my head, it's more that I have found many great sources for TV related information over the years and I've gotten pretty good at finding the answers to TV questions.

And I am also sometimes amazed by the knowledge of others like Steve H in this very thread and many other threads. Having others provide the answers to hard questions definitely saves me time that allows me to add more TV series pages, improve existing ones, and all the other stuff.

Thanks for the compliment!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> TV Experts Wanted ! Please Help ! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved