Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Report Problems/Errors Here Or At Our Site -> Website: Genre pages suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnmason
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Website: Genre pages suggestion      Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:46 pm Reply with quote

I was looking at your site and noticed that you have pages with links to only action, drama, sci-fi, etc.

I spent some time looking for some of my favorite shows and couldn't find them on the genre pages!

For example, Smallville is not on the sci-fi page but it is listed on your main page. Why?

No biggie, just wondered> Question

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote

I know that shows like Smallville, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, My Favorite Martian, etc. are sometimes listed as sci-fi but they're really not (IMO anyway).

Smallville is about a fictional figure and we classify it as fantasy.

We classify Buffy the Vampire Slayer as horror.

My Favorite Martian is about a subject that we would normally classify as sci-fi (alien visits Earth), but it really is a comedy series with a sci-fi twist so you'll find it through our comedy genre page.

Our sci-fi genre classification is reserved for only serious fiction based upon a scientific theme. Sometimes, it's a close call as in the case of "Lost in Space" which was a somewhat silly sci-fi series. In that case we decided that it's comical in spots but definitely not a comedy so we classed it as sci-fi. Other reasonable people might disagree.

I hope that explains our reasoning.

By the way, if you use the genre pages, the "Others" page currently has shows that don't fit in any other category. In the future (as we add more series), we'll also add more categories. Currently, you'll find mini-series, reality shows, musicals, game shows, etc. all on the "Others" page.

UPDATE: Since this post originally appeared we have added genre pages for Reality Shows, Game Shows, Mini-Series and Kid's Shows.

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

MainMan

Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:02 am Reply with quote

I always thought of Smallville as being sci-fi too but I see your point. It's not really based on any science although some of the scripts do include things based on science.

I guess that a guy from another planet that has super powers because our star (the sun) is different is more fantasy than fictional science.

Petrocelli 1973- TV series      Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:10 pm Reply with quote

Hi,
How can I obtain TV series of petrocelli of 1973 through 1976 on DVD or on VHS? Previously you advertized it on
www.crazyabouttv.com/petrocelli.html at the bottom of the page it used to be there, but it's no longer there. Please let me know.

Thank you very much

Mary Rad :roll:

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Petrocelli Dvds      Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:57 am Reply with quote

We've never had any advertising at the bottom of that page. There is Google advertising in the middle of the page and we have no control or awareness of what companies have advertised in those ads.

As far as I'm aware, no Petrocelli Dvds have been legally released by the studio so it MAY have been an advertiser that got pulled after Google received complaints of copyright violation. In that case, the copies are typically of poor quality since they were recorded on tape that's now more than 30 year old.

Possibly someone did secure the rights to sell the series but there was not a big enough market ... they went broke ... their ad dollars dried up?????

If anyone does know of a legal source for Petrocelli Dvds, please let us know.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Report Problems/Errors Here Or At Our Site -> Website: Genre pages suggestion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved