Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Name of tv series needed

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> Name of tv series needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jk6428

Name of tv series needed      Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 pm Reply with quote

I think it was a mini-series back in the late 70s or early 80s. I beleive it was like three different mini-series running under the same title (i beleive one was flash gordon-ish, and the other was a western) i beleive it was around near the same time as martian chronicles was on. You got to see a little of each one each week (can't remember everything since its 30 years ago) Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Jim Very Happy Very Happy

Steve H

Re: Name of tv series needed      Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote

jk6428 wrote:
I think it was a mini-series back in the late 70s or early 80s. I beleive it was like three different mini-series running under the same title (i beleive one was flash gordon-ish, and the other was a western) i beleive it was around near the same time as martian chronicles was on. You got to see a little of each one each week (can't remember everything since its 30 years ago) Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Jim Very Happy Very Happy

Might be Cliffhanger. The western in this series was actually a western-sci-fi, and it WAS reminiscent of Flash Gordon and other old-time serials. The other two were a Dracula series and an adventure about an intrepid reporter called Stop Susan Williams (which starred Susan Anton). IIRC, the Dracula entry was the only storyline that resolved, while the other cliffhangers were simply left "hanging."

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quote

It was driving me crazy why I couldn't remember anything about Cliffhanger and then I found that it aired in 1979. That was the end of my disco period so I was most likely getting ready for the dance floor about the time it came on. The only night I didn't go dancing in 1979 was Sundays and I pretty much slept that whole day to recover from the other six days with very little sleep.

Ah ... to be young again!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> Name of tv series needed All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved