Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a late 80s or early 90s show.

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> Looking for a late 80s or early 90s show.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyperdmg

Looking for a late 80s or early 90s show.      Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:51 pm Reply with quote

Im looking for a sifi-ish show. I was about 5 or 6 when I saw it. Probably 1993 or 94 when it was aired. I dont have much memory of it, but I remember that a group of people or couple went to a forgien planet or dimension. There there was a civilization with suits that were powered by a long cylinder crystal. The suits were weapons and when they hit their wrists together it charged to suit and could shoot a energy ball from their wrist. It took place in a rural area with trees and rocks. I thought about it at work one day and wanted to know the name of it. Anyone have any idea what show I maybe talking about? I thought it might have been on Nick but I checked their history and couldnt find a trace. Any names, I'd appricate and go look them up. Cheers.

JazzLover

Otherworld?      Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:02 am Reply with quote

It sounds a bit like "Otherworld. That series aired in the mid 80s but maybe you saw it in repeats.

Hyperdmg

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:25 am Reply with quote

Nope that wasn't it =/. I remember the characters that owned the suits to be quite primitive except for them. They didnt invent them they merely discovered them. Though that show Otherworld does look like something I'd love if I saw it when I was a kid. Too bad it's not easy to get.

Steve H

Re: Looking for a late 80s or early 90s show.      Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quote

Hyperdmg wrote:
Im looking for a sifi-ish show. I was about 5 or 6 when I saw it. Probably 1993 or 94 when it was aired. I dont have much memory of it, but I remember that a group of people or couple went to a forgien planet or dimension. There there was a civilization with suits that were powered by a long cylinder crystal. The suits were weapons and when they hit their wrists together it charged to suit and could shoot a energy ball from their wrist. It took place in a rural area with trees and rocks. I thought about it at work one day and wanted to know the name of it. Anyone have any idea what show I maybe talking about? I thought it might have been on Nick but I checked their history and couldnt find a trace. Any names, I'd appricate and go look them up. Cheers.

That's "Spellbinder." Australian series that also aired on Disney Channel in the mid to late 1990's.

Hyperdmg

Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:21 am Reply with quote

That's it! Oh that's brilliant haha! I've been wondering what that was for the past like 4 years. Australian, no wonder I couldn't find it. Thank you so much!

dragonsson

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:48 am Reply with quote

Nice I was about to post a question about this show also, and I see someone answered it for me. Finally got the name of this show.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> Looking for a late 80s or early 90s show. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved