Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

solve the puzzle in the parallell dimention in time!

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> solve the puzzle in the parallell dimention in time!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icepiik

solve the puzzle in the parallell dimention in time!      Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote

Does anybody remember a show from the 90's, could have been fox, where people would connect into a parallell dimentoin through a phone connected to a certain frequency, and would have to solve some riddle to get out, the show was advertised with someone falling in a city, and i think that in the first show, someone was in a taxi that went into a river, and when the pulled a tub-stopper plug, then the got out just in time.. (yes i know, quite close to the movie the game, huh?)

thanks in advance

geary

Steve H

Re: solve the puzzle in the parallell dimention in time!      Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quote

icepiik wrote:
Does anybody remember a show from the 90's, could have been fox, where people would connect into a parallell dimentoin through a phone connected to a certain frequency, and would have to solve some riddle to get out, the show was advertised with someone falling in a city, and i think that in the first show, someone was in a taxi that went into a river, and when the pulled a tub-stopper plug, then the got out just in time.. (yes i know, quite close to the movie the game, huh?)

thanks in advance

geary

Sounds "a little" like Sliders, but I'm not sure from this description. There was a device (not really a phone, though) that opened vortices into new dimensions. The only "riddle" would be "How do we get back to our own dimension?" as the leads jumped from world to world in search of home. Again, I'm not sure this is it, but it sounds something like it.

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Definitely not Sliders      Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote

There's really no connection whatsoever between that description and Sliders. Sliders was about travelling to a parallell Earth, not really another dimension. And the first episode of Sliders had nothing to do with a bathtub draining.

Steve H

Re: Definitely not Sliders      Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:01 pm Reply with quote

freespirit wrote:
There's really no connection whatsoever between that description and Sliders. Sliders was about travelling to a parallell Earth, not really another dimension. And the first episode of Sliders had nothing to do with a bathtub draining.

Gee, Free Spirit -- I just said "a little" (and I was only trying to help). In my experience, not all inquiries here are necessarily clear (as others have different perspectives based on their own experience and knowledge). I submit: Fox program, 1990's, Sci Fi, as a challenge to "no connection whatsoever" to the description. Wink

Presuming that the original poster was able to distinguish between parallel earths and alternate dimensions, you would have me on that point (but that is a presumption - as the concept is subject to individual interpretation -- again based on experience and knowledge). The bathtub draining reference made no sense at all to me at the time (and still doesn't). But - again - I was only trying to help.

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote

After re-reading my post, I did sound a bit "know-it-allish" didn't I? Sorry about that. I have noticed that a lot of people looking for the names of shows here give descriptions that are way off so your guess was better than anything else that anyone else came up with.

Would you believe that wasn't really me? That it was my double from an alternate Earth?

Steve H

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quote

freespirit wrote:

Would you believe that wasn't really me? That it was my double from an alternate Earth?

LOL! Those doubles can be pesky! I did understand your points. It's frustrating when you can't come up with the show people are trying to describe - particularly when the description isn't necessarily reliable due to the passage of time since they saw it. Sometimes I just "take a shot." I'm not sure at all what this show could be, though.

icepiik

well      Sat May 15, 2010 3:55 pm Reply with quote

sorry, I was a way from the comp for a moment in time, the reason I was a little vague about the description is to see whether i got any sort of reply or not,they tap into the new dimention by connecting a cordless phone to a certain internet protocol, i'm pretty sure If i can remember it correctly the 'tub draining scene' was sort of like 'the game' with was that kirk douglass, a taxi was drowning in the water, and tyhe person was stuck there, and was drowning and about to die, then upon seing the plug right before expiring and pulling it, they wake up from the stuper broughtr upon them by that internet signal. The preview from the show opened up with a man falling right in the middle of a city. In the game, kirk douglass uses a strange part the he found inside of a clown doll to roll up the window and escape, i can try to remember more, I was brief to see what the respenses would be like

thanks in advance

-geary_monk

Steve H

Tue May 18, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote

You've still got me on this one, Geary. I've racked my brain on 90's sci-fi with similar themes - VR5, Deadly Games, and the like (in my desperaton to find any thread resembling your description). I can't make the connection. I'll research this further when I have spare time. Maybe someone else who remembers the show will see this thread. I really would like to figure this one out (or see someone else do so).

Becky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

FOX series?      Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:09 am Reply with quote

If it was a FOX series from that time period it probably only last 3 or 4 episodes. FOX is still notorious for having 30 new series each season and then by 6 weeks into the season there are only 5 or 6 left.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> solve the puzzle in the parallell dimention in time! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved