Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First tv show ever aired?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> First tv show ever aired?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeachBoy

First tv show ever aired?      Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote

What was the very first tv show that was ever aired on television? When did it air? Who was on it? What was it about?

AidansMom

First television series on the air?      Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quote

I don't know what the first show on television was but I think the first ones were right after World War II and mostly broadcast just in New York City. I think I once read something about even earlier shows that were on closed circuit TV so they weren't broadcast to the public or something like that.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quote

That's a really complicated question because there were experimental shows that no one ever saw. There were shows that lasted one episode when there were less than a dozen TV sets. And then there were the first more widely seen shows that only lasted a week or a month.

Check out this What was the first show on TV post in my Blog section for more detailed information.

lisamorris

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:16 am Reply with quote

Thats really tuff to tell. But ya its a good question.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> First tv show ever aired? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved