Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Northern Exposure

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> Northern Exposure
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Northern Exposure      Wed May 10, 2006 10:19 am Reply with quote

can anyone tell me/? are they running reruns of northern exposure?

Northern Exposure reruns      Wed May 24, 2006 10:15 am Reply with quote

I think they ran them recently on the Hallmark channel or one of those other cable/satellite, lesser-known channels.

You can get the first 4 seasons on dvd too, I believe.

sarahjane

season four.disc 2      Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:36 am Reply with quote

anyone know the real life name of the toilet-paper-headded performance group in the episode called 'on your own'? i saw them once in washington but can't remember their name...

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Northern Exposure      Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote

I believe you're talking about a group that was called "The New Perception Players" on the episode.

Their real-life group name is "Mummenschantz" (Roberto Barca, Bernie Schurch, and Floriana Frassetto). They are a Mime group, very famous in Switzerland.

harriet

I liked the last season      Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:49 am Reply with quote

I am in the minority when I say I liked the show after Joel left. I couldn't stand the emphasis on he and Maggie. I liked the shows when they weren't part of the story. I liked the new doc and his wife. I thought they were funny. His drunk scene when he attacked the juke box playing "Going to the counrty". I thought that was hysterical. I also loved them FINALLY putting Maggie and Chris together. They always had more going on than she and Joel.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Northern Exposure Characters      Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:33 pm Reply with quote

It's interesting that you say that because Maggie was possibly my least favorite character and Joel was next. I hardly noticed the change when he left, not so much maybe because I didn't like the Joel character but more because there were so many other great characters to easily fill the void!

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:43 pm Reply with quote

i know they played them on the hallmark cannel almost 2 years ago and im trying to find out if any channels still play it so if anyone knows any thing please tell me, what channel its on.

Carol Schwarz

Northern Exposure, first two seasons      Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote

I received the first two seasons on DVD for Christmas. I was amazed to find that the first season had 8 episodes and the second season had only 7 episodes. Why so few episodes? I know the third season has many more that those.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Northern Exposure Short Seasons      Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote

In the first season, Northern Exposure aired as a summer series which lasted only 8 weeks.

The following season it aired during the "normal" months but didn't start until the season was nearly over, therefore, only leaving time for 7 episodes.

By the third season, everything was normal with 23 episodes.

All of that information plus more is available on our Northern Exposure Page.

Walley

Indian "fable"      Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what episode had Marilyn telling someone about an Indian brave about life's mis-fortunes? I went something like this, a brave acquired a fine horse, and many said he was blessed, then he fell off his horse and broke his arm, so people said he was unfortunate. Because of this he was unable to go to battle so people said he was unfortunate. Because of this, he was spared when many other braves in his tribe were killed. Because many baves were killed....

I'm not doing the tale justice, so I want to view my DVDs to find the episode in question.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Marilyn Whirlwind the philosopher!      Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:23 am Reply with quote

You're referring to a scene from the 14th episode in the fifth season titled, "Bolt From the Blue".

Here's how it went:
----------------------

[There was] a warrior who had a fine stallion. Everyone said how lucky he was to have such a horse.

"Maybe" he said.

One day the stallion ran off. The people said the warrior was unlucky.

"Maybe" he said.

The next day the stallion returned, leading a string of fine ponies. The people said it was very lucky.

"Maybe" the warrior said.

Later, the warrior's son was thrown from one of the ponies and broke his leg. The people said it was unlucky.

"Maybe" the warrior said.

The next week, the chief lead a war party against another tribe. Many young men were killed. But, because of his broken leg, the warrior's son was left behind, and so was spared.

-----------------

Another great tidbit of Marilyn's insightful Eskimo wisdom!

Walley

Norther Exposure - Indian Fable      Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote

My first time using this forum...thanks for the answer.

zermiko

Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote

which episode is it where Chris was petting newly hatch chicks at the end of the show? and which episode did Ed buy Ruth Anne a graveyard for her birthday? by the way, i love the songs they play at the close and beginning of the show. Where can I find these songs?

northgrl

actors in Northern Exposure and MASH      Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote

I may be the only person interested in this because my other favorite tv show is MASH. I see similarities in how there is a group of people isolated from the the rest of the world and coming together to form a community and relying on each other. Of course both have a medical perspective as well and Hawkeye and Joel contstantly point out how they don't want to be there and yet do whatever they have to to make the best of it knowing they just can't leave. They also both play golf.

But the story line is only part of when you start listing actors who have appeared in both shows there is whole other connection. Barry Corbin, Richard Cummings, Alan Fudge (who is the priest in 'War and Peace', and I recently noticed the woman who asked Maggie to have an affair with her husband in Slow Dance in MASH as well. Stuart Margolin appears in MASH and directs a Northern Exposure episode.

I have to say the connections facinate me, but then my favorite tv shows are not just entertainment to me they become part the fabric of my life and influence how I think. I like to say "Everything I need to know about life I learned from watching Northern Exposure"

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote

Both series aired on CBS so it's not too surprising that some of the stars on M*A*S*H that left the air in 1983 would appear on another CBS series in the 1990s. That's actually a pretty common occurrence.

It definitely is fun to see your favorite TV stars from different series together on the same show. I love to watch crossover episodes for that reason.

There were 19 episodes in the 1970s and 80s called, "Battle of the Network Stars". They were great because you got to see all of your favorite actors from all three major networks together in real-life competition with each other. In fact, Gary Burghoff ("Radar") and Loretta Swit ("Hot Lips") from M*A*S*H both appeared on those shows. Unfortunately, they aren't available on Dvd. There are quite a few clips at YouTube though.

David Letterman, William Shatner, and others on Battle of the Network Stars at YouTube

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> Northern Exposure All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved