Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

60's tv show character

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> 60's tv show character
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunshine3548

60's tv show character      Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quote

There was a tv show my father watched in the 60's, I believe. There was a character named "dick the beaver". It may have been a cartoon, not sure. does anyone know what the show was called. My dad has been trying to think of this for years now. thanks.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

60's Television Series Character      Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quote

I can't find anything for "Dick the Beaver". It may sound obscene to some but Dick actually was a very common name in the 60s. You may have heard of "tricky Dick" Nixon as a reference to President Richard Nixon. Or the actor Dick Powell. And some people have hung on to the nickname like the current Senator from Illinois, Dick Durbin.

Anyway, I suspect the character you're referring to was probably a guy who dressed in a Beaver costume, introduced cartoons, and made kiddie jokes between the cartoons. Most local stations ran their own shows like that for kids in the afternoons after school. In my hometown, the guy dressed in a farmers outfit with suspenders and was called "Grandpa Happy".

If that's the case, you'd be better to ask some people in their fifties, sixties, or older who lived in your dad's hometown in the sixties as no one else will ever have heard of "Dick the Beaver".

Good luck!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> 60's tv show character All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved