Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movin' On

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Movin' On
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corsairnc

Movin' On      Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote

Could you please post the shows for Movin' On.

It was a series about 2 truckers named Will and Sonny played by Frank Converse and Claude Akins respectively.

The show aired on NBC for 46 episodes between 1974 and 1976.

The Title song was sung by Merle Haggard of Country Fame and was number 1 on the charts in July of 1975.

Thanks in advance,

Corsair

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote

I just added a "Movin' On TV Show Page" to the site.

I have also moved this thread to the drama category.

Thanks for requesting Movin' On!

kledelin

Movin' On -- military footage      Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Hi, new to the forum, hope you can help. I've been looking for the series Movin' On for a while. Can purchase it from ??????????. They sell series in 2-3 show units. Don't need whole series. Looking for series with military footage in it. Shows Marines marching, in a hot sunny climate. My dad said it was Parris Island, SC. My dad was in that footage. Don't want to buy entire series individually to find it. Can anyone help with an episode name? Would really appreciate it. K.

Note from Admin: the url in the message above was removed as we could not find any evidence that the dvds sold there are authorized by the owners of the copyright. They are not for sale at any of the other sites that typically carry studio authorized releases (like Amazon) and the site at that url is also being redirected to another url. Those are both signs that their sales may be illegal.

riv1966

Movin' On errors      Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote

As a long time fan of Movin' On, since it first debuted in 1974, I would like to point out 2 errors in the Movin' On page:

Sonny's last name is spelled "Pruitt", not with an "e".
Episode 6, second season is ...To Be In Carolina, not California.

Thanks for correcting!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Movin' On TV Show Corrections      Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! Darn typos!

I was able to verify both changes so I fixed our page. It's weird that there are nearly as many sites online spelling Sonny's last name "Pruett" as there are "Pruitt"! Well ... there's one less now!

Thanks again!

Kevin

Movin On Series      Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:17 pm Reply with quote

Hey all. I loved the show as a kid. Had the model of their truck and thought it was awesome. I am trying to locate series. Is it available?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:21 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I am trying to locate series. Is it available?

Neither NBC or the prodction company, "D'Antoni/Weitz Productions" has ever released videos or dvds of Movin' On. There is a company called "Truckerflicks" who is selling them but I can't vouch for whether they are legal or not. The packaging isn't very professional looking and they don't mention NBC or D'Antoni/Weitz Productions' copyright anywhere at their site. That's usually a warning sign as copyright holders almost always require those who sell their stuff to mention the copyright on the sales page to indicate it's a legal sale.

So be careful if you buy from such sellers! Your money may simply disappear into some foreign bank account and you either never receive anything or the product is so poor that it's not enjoyable to watch.

I'm not saying that is the case for "Truckerflicks". I'm simply saying that when a TV series is not being sold directly from Amazon.com and the other big online sellers it's a warning sign.

billjones1032

movin on walkie talkie      Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote

I have a walkie talkie from the tv show still in the box.box is fair would like to sell butt can't find info on it.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:24 am Reply with quote

The only info I could find about the walkie talkies is that they transmitted on channel 14. Not much help in determining a value or finding a seller.

Movin' On isn't exactly a widely popular classic so the potential market is probably small. If there is a truckers' magazine, that might be a good place to advertise. There is a strong cult following among truck drivers for the series.

Good luck!

sballard

Will The Last Trucker Leaving Charlotte Turn on the Lights      Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote

Just saw this episode on Retro TV (Love this show!)
What was the name of the little girl who played Charlie, the stowaway girl? She was so cute and I wonder if she continued acting as she got older.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Movin' On All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved