Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ugly Betty
Goto page 1,
2  Next  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Ugly Betty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ugly Betty      Mon May 22, 2006 5:57 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the Ugly Betty forum at CrazyAboutTV.com!

Feel free to simply read what others have said about Ugly Betty or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

Ugly Betty will be a drama on ABC about a slightly plump plain-Jane trying to make it in the fashion industry. If you would like to read more information about Ugly Betty, you can find our web page about that show at:

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/uglybetty.html

Thanks for visiting!

Plain John

Where this is coming from      Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:14 am Reply with quote

"Betty la fea" is a colombian soap opera originally aired several years ago. It became a worldwide hit and a mexican version "La fea mas bella" is currently being aired on Univision. The original was more a comedy than a drama, the mexican version turned even more to the comedy side. Both versions, however, present a weak childish plot and a complete ignorance of what really happens in the world of fashion. I expect Ugly Betty to be more intelligent than her older sisters.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ugly Betty      Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quote

Thanks John. Interesting post!

I did a bit more research and added a bit more trivia on our Ugly Betty page, based on your post.

Thanks again!

Princess Alana

Ugly Betty - disgusting!      Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:23 am Reply with quote

Yet another tv show that insists that women must look like fashion models. I guess that ugly betty might be funny if you like jokes about people based upon petty things like natural beauty, etc.

Why in the world would the actresses agree to be in such a disgusting venue!

Ugly Betty sounds like it will be an UGLY series to me!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ugly Betty TV Show      Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:12 am Reply with quote

Quote:
if you like jokes about people based upon petty things like natural beauty

To be fair, there's no evidence yet that there will be many "fat" or "ugly" jokes. It sounds like there will be a lot more to the plotlines than that. I could be wrong, but let's give it a chance.

Quote:
women must look like fashion models

I think that part of the plot will be that Betty more than makes up for her lack of beauty with her smarts and leadership abilities, but again, I could be wrong.

Ally McBeal Lover

Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:20 am Reply with quote

I'm what my mother would call "pleasingly plump". Others would probably say "chubby". I'm 5 foot 4 inches and weigh 135 pounds so you make up your own word. I don't think i'll have any problem with the show. I live in the real world where unless you're appearance is perfect, there will be some people who treat you poorly. My attitude is that I could go on a diet and get thin but they'll always be jerks! So who cares what they think. People who are less than gorgeous usually do excell in other areas to compensate and it sounds as if Ugly Betty does that in her career. It also sounds like her "hot" boss might get to like her for that and other positive characteristics in the long run. So the show could possibly be good in its treating the Ugly Betty character by showing that beauty is only skin deep.

KendellAnn

Theme Song      Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:57 am Reply with quote

does anyone know that the name/singer is of the song they play on the radio during the advertisement for ugly betty, greys anatomy and 6degrees?

la

Ugly Betty Theme Song      Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote

Does anyone know the name of the Ugly Betty theme song...or the singer?
Thanks!

Note From Admin: We have added the Ugly Betty theme song title, performer's name, and lyrics to our Ugly Betty page.

cheapo

reply to your message      Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote

I loved Ally too. I think this show is making fun of all the superficialness of the fashion world. I unfortunately have a sister-in-law who works at Vogue. I try my best to stay away from her. The last conversation we had, she explained that Vogue has several lines of shoes in the mag, including Nine West. I know that these shoes are usually $100 a pair on average. According to her, these are the "cheapo" shoes. I am so thankfull for this show. I have a hard time coughing up one hundred bucks for a pair of shoes. Hopefully someday women will smarten up and realize they cannot afford the $10K Versace dresses in that mag and there are no decent knockoffs.

Ally McBeal Lover wrote:
I'm what my mother would call "pleasingly plump". Others would probably say "chubby". I'm 5 foot 4 inches and weigh 135 pounds so you make up your own word. I don't think i'll have any problem with the show. I live in the real world where unless you're appearance is perfect, there will be some people who treat you poorly. My attitude is that I could go on a diet and get thin but they'll always be jerks! So who cares what they think. People who are less than gorgeous usually do excell in other areas to compensate and it sounds as if Ugly Betty does that in her career. It also sounds like her "hot" boss might get to like her for that and other positive characteristics in the long run. So the show could possibly be good in its treating the Ugly Betty character by showing that beauty is only skin deep.

JazzLover

Tummy Comparison      Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

ABC Orders Full Season of Ugly Betty!      Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:48 pm Reply with quote

The bad news, JazzLover, is that most of us don't have rock hard abs.

But There Is Great News!

ABC has ordered a full season of Ugly Betty episodes! For most series, that's at least 22 episodes, so Ugly Betty isn't going to go anywhere soon!

Becky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Ugly Betty is beautiful to me!      Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote

I'm really picking the winners this season! Both Men in Trees and Ugly Betty made the cut! A show that forces people to look past outside appearances and examine a person for their whole self is just what we need more of on television.

I had a friend last year who didn't want me to be friends with another girl because she wasn't part of our "in" crowd. Now I never considered my friends to be an "in" crowd in the first place. I told her that the only reason the girl wasn't liked by everyone was because she wasn't the most attractive girl in school, but she was really nice and a great friend. She was smart and would be "there" in a minute if you needed her for anything.

My other friend said that didn't matter. That the other "in" people wouldn't want to hang with us if we hung with her. So I kept the good friend and dumped the "in" girl.

I've had no problems at all with anyone else over being her friend. Just the friend I dumped.

Is appearance that important to any of you when choosing a friend? Would you rather have a friend that stands by you or one that's beautiful but cares way more about herself than others?

Re: Ugly Betty Theme Song      Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quote

la wrote:
Does anyone know the name of the Ugly Betty theme song...or the singer?
Thanks!
what is the song i want it on my ipopd

Re: Ugly Betty is beautiful to me!      Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:23 am Reply with quote

the girl/ or guy asks what the theme song is called thats wat im looking for yet you go on about some bullshit about wat shows u like that has nothing to do with wat he/she asked

Re: Ugly Betty is beautiful to me!      Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:24 am Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
the girl/ or guy asks what the theme song is called thats wat im looking for yet you go on about some bullshit about wat shows u like that has nothing to do with wat he/she asked
sorry ijust realised it goes from the top down my bad

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Ugly Betty All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved