Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jericho
Goto page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Jericho
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highplains

Weak story      Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quote

But I can tell you where Jericho is actually located.

Oakley, Ks. is the town that is on I-70, US 83 and US 40. About 2200 people. And no, you can not see mountain or Denver or a bomb over Denver because Denver is about 250 MILES away.

Also, that generator runs on Diesel fuel, not gasoline.

Stupid show, written by stupid people, for stupid viewers.

Assistant Fire Chief

Jericho is not stupid      Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:03 pm Reply with quote

While you are entitled to your opinion.......

I would respectfully disagree with your assessment on the show being "Stupid". I think it is just fine!

Yes there are some discrepancies on geography, and gas generators, and other such things but, all in all the show is well written and while it is not an original concept it is one that is not been used for a while and not for a TV series .......more for Movies such as "The day after" or "Damnation Alley" Etc.

So if this mid western town is not portrayed accurately for its assumed location or other details are not quite correct......well we do have to remember this is fiction!!!!

If you don't feel your be entertained to level you deserve well you know what to do!

wa0rvd

Re: Jericho TV Show      Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:31 am Reply with quote

"Anonymous"]
subject2discussion wrote:
I think it was morse code..anyone in here that can transcribe morse code??

The morse code was stating the names of the cities that had been bombed which is why Hawkins knew which cities to mark on the final scene of episode 2. (Great way to end an episode)

Morse code is used at the beginning of each program.

#1 JERICHO PILOT
#2 JERICHO TWO
#3 JERICHO THREE
#4 HE KNOWS ROB

The morse code message copied by Hawkins was NOT a list of cities.
I also think he knew what frequency to tune to, copying that message was no accident! Also morse code is sent letter by letter I do knew anyone who "copies" morse code using cursive writing

DELTA CODE DELTA 2 MINUTE WARNING
SCORE REMAINS SCORELESS

jenblue

Song from Episode 2      Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:54 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anyone know the name of the song at the end of Episode 2? The episode is "Fallout (9/27/2006)" Please help.

I would really appreciate some input.

Thanks!!

Re: Jericho      Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 am Reply with quote

I think it was morse code..anyone in here that can transcribe morse code??

The morse code was stating the names of the cities that had been bombed which is why Hawkins knew which cities to mark on the final scene of episode 2. (Great way to end an episode)[/quote]

Morse code is used at the beginning of each program.

#1 JERICHO PILOT
#2 JERICHO FALLO
#3 JERICHO THREE
#4 HE KNOWS ROB

The morse code messages copied by Hawkins are:

DELTA CODE DELTA 2 MINUTE WARNING U

SCORE REMAINS SCORELESS

There was about 1 minute of programming time between these messages. I think the "U" after "WARNING" could have been the start of a list of cities! Also Hawkins finished writing down the message in cursive writing before the code had finished, like he already knew what the message would be just continued listening to verify it.

I also wonder why the writers decided to make the only ham radio operator in town a crazy man!! Most amateur radio operators are just regular people who enjoy operating radios and they study hard to pass FCC tests to get their licenses. I wish they had just omitted that scene.

73 (ask a HAM what that means?)

subject2discussion

ExecProd Carol Barbee interview      Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote

I had Carol Barbee one of the Executive PRoducers of Jericho on my radio show Tuesday night..

She said that the mythology of the series starts to drop into place. And that tonight's episode is NOT to be missed.

That and she dropped some hints as to where the series is heading, just how far out have they planned for??

So psyched about tonights episode.

Shaun

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote

If the townspeople want to know what is going on outside, just why in hell haven't they sent out some of the planes we saw in Wed night's (Oct25) episode? The EMP wouldn't ahve affected their ignition systems, nor would it have affected ant Diesel-powered stuff.

There are plenty of 5,000+ ft runways in the Kansas/Nebraska area for the B757 and the commuter plane to have landed, so why on the freeway?

Another nit: The train engine should have been idling,as rail crews NEVER shut them down onless it is for heavy maintenance.

IMHO, the producers/writers have misssed the basics and could have done a really good job, but, due to incompetence, have settled for less than mediocrity.

Highplains

Still a lame series      Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:55 am Reply with quote

The writers have yet to show that they can rise to the level of mediocre.

Time to start betting on when it will be canceled.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jericho TV Show on CBS      Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:45 pm Reply with quote

Hopefully now that they have run into their first real threat (the military guys gone wild), the good citizens of Jericho will realize that one of the first things they should have done was prepare a better defense!

I think they will maybe learn that lesson on next week's episode!

Assistant Fire Chief

Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:04 pm Reply with quote

I feel this show has so much potential......

I certainly hope they use their imagination and they could easily be the caliber of a top ten show!!

instead of another confusing soap opera!!!1

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jericho On Hiatus Until February!      Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:57 am Reply with quote

CBS has announced that they will be two more episodes of Jericho on November 22nd and 29th and then the series will go on hiatus until a February 14, 2007 recap episode. Then, new episodes will air again starting on February 21st.

CBS is doing the same thing with some of its other hit series including "LOST". Instead of running reruns over the holiday (low viewership) season, they will air new episodes of "King of Queens".

So don't let your blood pressure go bananas! Jericho will be back.

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total

JazzLover

Jericho AND LOST      Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote

What the hell is going on? Jericho AND LOST both gone until February? Nuts!

I'm SOOOO Sad!

AuntieEm

Ahhhhh Kansas      Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:26 pm Reply with quote

We watch it from Kansas. We get quite a giggle over the locale of Jericho, sure looks good there. No drought, rivers are full, hills with mountains in the distance, no wheat or oil wells, and you can see Denver in the distance. Some of the people are pigheaded, can you say "Redneck". There are only 2 people who seem to have any common sense: The mayor and maybe his wife, okay, three if you count Jonah. We wouldn't miss it, but no, it's not Lost...

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

CBS Orders Full Season for Jericho!      Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV wrote:
the series will go on hiatus until a February 14, 2007 recap episode. Then, new episodes will air again starting on February 21st.

There is, however great news!

CBS has ordered a full season of Jericho episodes! For most series, that's at least 22 episodes, so Jericho isn't going anywhere soon!

I'm happy! How about you?

tmonsen2004

about the show      Wed May 02, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Confused Shocked
i think that our government did this with out warning and only the strong will survive. i love this show but i missed what happened to the irs lady and her boyfriends daughter. i guess i missed an episode someone tell me i am dieing here. why our government would do such a thing i am not sure but i have my suspicions.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Jericho All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved