Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crossing Jordan

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Crossing Jordan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00doll

Crossing Jordan      Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:44 pm Reply with quote

I was setting up programs to be recorded in the dvr.... Crossing Jordan has no new episodes sceduled for the entire month of November. Does anyone know if the program has been canceled? I hope not it is one of my favorites.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quote

I've heard nothing about Crossing Jordan being cancelled.

Due to the competition from hundreds of cable channels, networks rarely get a large enough audience for a series to substantiate producing one episode for every week of the season. In order to save money, they air reruns or movies or something else cheap during periods where they expect viewership to be at its lowest.

Enacia

When is the new season going to begin?      Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:39 am Reply with quote

Does anyone know who we go to to find out when Crossing Jordan's new episodes are going to air? I would realy like to find out.

Nina[/b]

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Crossing Jordan Returns?      Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:30 am Reply with quote

"Crossing Jordan" was originally scheduled to return after a limited run of Bob Saget's new game show, "1 vs. 100" but that clearly won't happen now.

In an attempt to cut $750 million in expenses, NBC has decided to shelve many series that are expensive to produce, especially ones in the 8PM time slot that was planned for "Crossing Jordan".

Those slot will be mostly filled with an unending list of (cheap to produce) game shows for as long as those shows draw the huge audiences per dollar of production cost.

So Crossing Jordan's future is now very much in doubt. It is possible that it could replace a series that currently resides in a worse time slot, however.

Even then, expect to see much more of "half-season runs" for all but the highest rated series. Others will be airing either September through December, January through May, or June through August.

This is not an evil move on the part of the major networks. It's necessary for their survival. With hundreds of channels to choose from, there's not enough audience for most series that cost numerous millions of dollars per episode.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

More on the future of Crossing Jordan      Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quote

Well ... just a few days later than my previous post and now I've found a few sources saying that Crossing Jordan will return on March 7th at 10PM on NBC.

The official word from NBC is that Crossing Jordan will return "soon". Whatever that means. My experience has been that when it's "soon", they also give a definite date and air time.

So hopefully the March 7th return is true! That's not too soon, I guess.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Crossing Jordan All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved