Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Search

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Action -> Search
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mythwart

Search      Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure of the Title , but there was a show that had Burgess Merideth as the boss who would send out individuals [ Tony Fancioso , Doug McClure and one other I can't remember] on these world wide missions, I think to find people who were missing. The shows opening graphic would be of a UN style globe and would be used to indicate pauses for commercials.
Ring any bells with anyone??

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Search TV Show      Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 am Reply with quote

Hugh O'Brian ("The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp") was the other star on that series. It was simply titled, "Search" and ran for 23, 1-hour episodes during the 1972/73 season.

It also had a feature-length pilot titled, "Probe".

Search was about a high-tech private investigation firm who used agents with radio receivers that were implanted in their bodies and could receive instructions and information from home base to anywhere in the world. The agents had tiny tie clip cameras and other devices to send back pictures and information to headquarters.

It was almost unbelievably high-tech for 1972!

mythwart

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Any idea of where to see or get it????

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Search TV Show      Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, there are no studio authorized dvds available for either the pilot movies or the episodes.

We don't allow discussions here of bootleg copies. I'll just say to beware about going that route as they are usually of horrible quality and often the seller will just rip you off and doesn't even have any dvds.

The same is true with illegal downloads. Beware of viruses or spyware that may slow your computer to a crawl.

Of course, there's also the annoying fact that the bootlegs are illegal.

If a seller doesn't show professional looking artwork for the CD cover or doesn't list copyright information anywhere on the page, they're probably bootleg. If it states that the dvds are "region-free", they're probably bootleg. If Amazon.com doesn't carry them and fancast.com doesn't offer them for online viewing, they're probably bootleg.

Of course, as in everything, there are a very few exceptions.

Good Luck!

freespirit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Search tv show      Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote

I don't know about the Search dvds but I ordered some Sky King dvds from the only supplier I could find that had them. After paying $29.99 for what I should have realized should have been a much more expensive set of dvds, they never arrived!

From now on I'll do as Crazy advises and only buy dvds that Amazon carries. I may not buy them there but I'll check there first to make it more likely that they are legal.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Action -> Search All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved