Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smith
Goto page
Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Drama -> Smith
View previous topic :: View next topic  

is it still on?      Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quote

Is smith still on TV? I can't find it on the list of shows anymore

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Smith Cancelled?      Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:10 am Reply with quote

Yes, Smith has been cancellled by CBS due to poor ratings. I suspect that many people would not watch it because it glorified the lifestyle of criminals. The series would have, in my opinion, had a better chance on HBO, Showtime, or some other channel that doesn't require the audience that a network primetime series does in order to be successful.

No word yet on how many episodes had been produced. If there are enough of them (say 8 or more total) we may yet see the other episodes on Dvd.

lise

This is a great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!      Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Question Arrow This was a great show! It had all the elements of making a good series. What happened? Why did they cancel "Smith", can anyone tell me?

phil

Where is Smith?      Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:18 pm Reply with quote

Hey, Can we do anything about the cancellation? Who do we contact?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Smith cancellation      Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:05 am Reply with quote

In the vast majority of cases, the only thing that keeps a show on the air is having enough of the Nielson Ratings' participants watching it. The more viewers, the more advertising dollars the network can charge.

Networks cancel shows that don't draw enough viewers to pay for the show and earn some profit. That's the American way. It's easier to understand if you picture yourself as a CBS stockholder.

So with those facts in mind, emailing a Network or starting a petition will most likely have little effect on getting a show back on the air that loses money.

BeachBoy

Smith tv show cancelled      Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV is right. I've seen hundreds of websites over the years that were running petitions to get series reinstated and it only worked a very few times.

Don't waist your time! Find a new show to watch!

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Drama -> Smith All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved