Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dennis the Menace

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Comedy -> Dennis the Menace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbgroup

Dennis the Menace      Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote

I wish they would run more old TV shows from the 60s and 70s like Dennis the Menace! lol

pasttoys

where is dennis the menace?      Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote

can anyone tell me a website that I can find the "dennis the menace" tv series for sale please? thanks, pasttoys

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bootleg Dvds      Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quote

Their are no legal Dennis the Menace TV show dvds available. There are companies selling them illegally. I found several by just searching with the obvious keywords at a search engine. Be aware that while it's rare that a studio will prosecute an individual buyer, there are stiff penalties including jail time for buying bootleg TV show dvds.

Even if you're not worried about that, bootleg TV show dvds are typically of very poor quality. Often they are old videotaped copies of old 16mm, scratchy, faded films. And when you deal with a crook, you're unlikely to get a refund.

In the vast majority of cases, if Amazon.com doesn't carry them, they're bootleg. If you can't find them at eBay, they're definitely illegal. If the Dvd packaging looks amateur, they're bootleg. If the company you're buying from sells anything else that you're sure is bootleg, the ones you want are too.

Please don't anyone post a source for those here. Our policy is that we don't participate in any illegal activities here. We will remove any such posts.

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

pasttoys

Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote

CrazyAboutTV wrote:
Their are no legal Dennis the Menace TV show dvds available. There are companies selling them illegally. I found several by just searching with the obvious keywords at a search engine. Be aware that while it's rare that a studio will prosecute an individual buyer, there are stiff penalties including jail time for buying bootleg TV show dvds.

Even if you're not worried about that, bootleg TV show dvds are typically of very poor quality. Often they are old videotaped copies of old 16mm, scratchy, faded films. And when you deal with a crook, you're unlikely to get a refund.

In the vast majority of cases, if Amazon.com doesn't carry them, they're bootleg. If you can't find them at eBay, they're definitely illegal. If the Dvd packaging looks amateur, they're bootleg. If the company you're buying from sells anything else that you're sure is bootleg, the ones you want are too.

Please don't anyone post a source for those here. Our policy is that we don't participate in any illegal activities here. We will remove any such posts.

thanks for your response, What I'm wondering about are the websites I've seen that are all located in Canada I think that have tv shows I've never seen for sale in US. Are these websites legal to US customers? Is there some website I can go to that tells me what DVD's are legal on the US market? thanks, pasttoys

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quote

Occasionally there is a show that is legally released for sale outside the U.S. but has no legal sales inside the U.S. More often, the bootleggers sell to the U.S. market from sites that are outside the U.S. That's still illegal. It just makes it a bit more difficult for the owners of the copyrighted material to get the site taken down.

There's no site I know of that lists which shows are legal. As I stated before, there are many clues that will tell you whether they're legal or not in 99.9% of the cases.

NatureMuzic
Novice Member
Novice Member

Dennis & the Beav!      Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quote

I too am a fan of Dennis the Menace & probably, 10+ years back, Nick had them & I Taped many of them, but not all of course.

Crazy, I realize it's all contractual, but the Beav has been on for many, many years, yet Dennis.... does not - what can we fans do to get this & other fave shows back on ?

Also, I get upset when Indie channels or the likes of TvLand, etc. run old shows, but they do so out of order ! ANd some do it with new shows as well !

Lastly, re: bootlegs, I bought the entire Wonder Years on DVD, plain wrapper, for under 30 bucks, & you could go back & order the full jackets. I did so, but they were out of business ! I found other sites of people complaining of them.
I was lucky as most of those folks sent their money but never got their orders. Not only did I get my entire order, they, so far, have all played very well. I have been thru maybe 5,6 seasons so far & all is well.

Buyer Beware tho' !

AidansMom

Dennis the Menace      Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quote

I never saw the Dennis the Menace TV show but I did see the movie. It was pretty funny but I don't think that I'd want to watch a weekly series base on it. I'm assuming that the original was better ... they usually are.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Comedy -> Dennis the Menace All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved