Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Title name

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Science Fiction -> Lost Title name
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wacky Wizard

Lost Title name      Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote

Hello. I have been trying for a long time to remeber the name of a tv show i used to watch (i think in the 70's or early 80's). I am not sure if it was classed as sci/fi of fantasy. I also cant remeber lots of the detail and may in fact mix several shows up (lots of help ha Shocked ).

Parts I can destinctly remeber is it was about a family on a dead or dieing earth that for some reason was traveling from A to B in a many wheeled white slick looking truck.
the truck was sort of futeristic that sort of whined like a turbo when it moved and the back opened to allow a smaller vehical to come out. and the father (i think) used a jet pack a lot to get to and from the truck.

I think there may have been a helecopter that came out also, but i may be mixing that with the show that reminded me of it called "The Highwayman" starting Mark 'Jacko' Jackson.

also a thing i can surt of rember, but may be another show is something to do with the sky buring. i think it was scorched or burnt and may have been orange. but as said this may have been another show.

Peter

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:01 am Reply with quote

I'm thinking the name of that show was called "The Arc"....it was set in a kind of post apocalyptic world looking for human survivors. The main characters wore nifty little red and white jumpsuits. That was my first introduction to the jetpack fantasy...then came the Olympics.

fyrebyrd
Junior Novice Member
Junior Novice Member

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:31 am Reply with quote

Show Title: ARK II
A total of 15 (25 mins each) episodes were made in 1976

Series Credited cast:
Terry Lester .... Jonah
Jean Marie Hon .... Ruth
Josť Flores .... Samuel

This Saturday morning TV series was set in the 25th century of earth.The world has been ravaged by wars & ecological pollution. One group of survivors who were technologically superior wanted to help out the rest of humanity. An immense vehicle called Ark II was constructed to go out into the world with a highly trained team & bring aid,comfort,& education to those less fortunate.

The Ark II group risked their lives each week in a world that could be hostile & unknown.They carried no weapons,although they had hand held devices that could temporarily blind an opponent. As with many Sat a.m. series we were saddled with a kid sidekick & an animal, Adam the chimp. Neither a plus to the show. The Ark was futuristic & formidable looking,with hi-tech labs & gadgetry onboard.They also had use of a jet-pack.

As an 8 year old watching that show...even though it ran but 1 season I was enamored with the jetpack all the time. It seemed the commander of the Ark just couldn't wait to strap it on to fly around and scout ahead of the big vehicle, but man I wanted that jetpack!

Oh and if I'm not mistaken..they used that RV thing in a movie called Damnation Alley a few years later.

wacky wizard

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:17 am Reply with quote

thanks. this sertanly sounds like it. i will check it out as soon as i can.

I just remeber as a kid watching it and was rapt in it. i dont know if it was becouse i was so young or not and would like to see it again to as a reminder.

thanks again, now i know the name i have a place to start looking.

ele

tv series      Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:06 am Reply with quote

Hi can anyone help me I am trying to find out the name of a tv series i used to watch but missed the ending.It was set in the future the story was of a woman dying but her life was being filmed through a tiny camera implanted into the producers eyes.The subject of the film was unaware that she was being filmed.The pictures were broadcast on large screens across the country.Hope someone can help I am trying to find it so I can find out the ending

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Science Fiction -> Lost Title name All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved